SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Toyota styling, again
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toyota styling, again Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I don’t think Toyota is capable of building a good looking, fast and fun car anymore. Their SUV’s and crossovers are ugly sure but the same can be said for 99.9% of all the other crossovers out there.

A car page I used to follow showed the silhouette of every major crossover on the market and from the angles they took the pics they all basically looked the same with only minor styling differences.

Toyota 86 (BRZ, and the new one looks fantastic).

Yaris GR4 (Titties!)

I don’t want no teenage queen. I just want my M14. If I die in the combat zone, box me and ship me home. Pin my medals upon chest. Tell my mom I done my best.

Posts: 10735 | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We obviously have a different definition of titties.

FJ isn’t necessarily ugly but it does have horrific visibility.

As for crossovers I don’t get the angst. It’s a 4 door sedan minus a trunk. Who cares? Clearly the market prefers a hatchback to a sedan. Having owned both I certainly think the hatchback is more versatile. A lot easier to drive my dog around in a crossover. Good enough for me. I think it’s just become common to hate crossovers because they are everywhere. Good news for those guys is that the market is fickle, sedans and mom jeans will always come back. Lol

Posts: 3811 | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
If they could just make the back as ugly as a 1972 Buick Riviera . . .

I like that. Wasn't it called a boat tail?
People complained about the 1963 Corvette split window coupe. So they removed the split on the '64 model. Now everyone wants the split window.

Posts: 2333 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
What, you don't like boats? Big Grin

Posts: 3513 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I recently learned the term for the phenomenon of seeing patterns (like angry fish and Cylons on the fronts of Toyotas) in inanimate objects: pareidolia.

Posts: 24698 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Can't tell if the car is the back of something Green Hornet drives or the front of Optimus Prime's disappointed looking grandfather...

Posts: 1302 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

Love it or hate it, the Rivieria is a distinctive look. The CH-R is at least a little unusual-looking, too.

So many cars are all the same. I can't tell one SUV from another.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 49628 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I happened upon a new Range Rover today.

Ugly. As. Fuck.

At first I thought it was a kit that the owner had put together themselves. Maybe a taped over Bronco mule? Nope! Ugly. As. Fuck. Like being under an outhouse after giving out free samples of Turbolax.

I wasn't able to have a conversation with the driver to see if they were under the influence of a Schedule 1 controlled substance.

Maybe they lost a bet???

Confused

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 6580 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post