SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Not that you care or that I’m right but my two hot button responses
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not that you care or that I’m right but my two hot button responses Login/Join 
posted
I’m sure I have taken it too far but I have two issues/topics/responses that push all my buttons at once. And yes, I probably should relax. Noted.

First one is the standard “you’d be better off spending your money on ammo and training” when someone asks about a gun or a part or whatever. Answer the guys question and keep your pontificating to yourself. And this is from a guy who loves pontificating.

Second, steel cased ammo. I get it, some people hate it. That’s fine. You don’t like the smell. You don’t like the taste. Russians are commies. Etc, etc. l love this forum because I certainly learn more from the other guys here than I could ever contribute. Every thread about steel cased handgun ammo is always quoting some guys neighbors friends dog. Or the last one a CS guy at Sig. Shit, I’ve talked to those guys a bunch and it’s a box of chocolates as to the veracity of their responses. Proof, evidence, pictures, anything. What happens is without any evidence these threads spread gun lore that isn’t true. Shoot, let’s start threads about how glocks we’re designed to avoid security at airports.

Sorry for the rant. I’m sure you don’t all agree. That’s obviously fine but truth will set you free. Lol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pedropcola,

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
You got it all wrong. Screw that. You need to buy a Toyota! Roll Eyes

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But what about rims?

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't shoot steel cased ammo - it'll void your warranty !! Razz

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
let’s start threads about how glocks we’re designed to avoid security at airports.
You're talking about the Glock 7, right?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely. And AR clips are the most powerful in the world.

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Steel Gun = Steel Ammo

Copper Gun = Copper Ammo

Plastic Gun = Plastic Ammo

Right?

Wink

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
For the most part I’m right there with you.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Just wait until the 'Apple Fanboys' come in here to take over the thread and tell you how smart they think they are.... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m sure I have taken it too far but I have two issues/topics/responses that push all my buttons at once. And yes, I probably should relax. Noted.

Maybe a little strident.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strident sounds better than dickish I suppose. Lol

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You know you’d be better spending your ammo on money and training, right?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37082 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah? Well, you're just saying that because you're in the pocket of Big Steel.

It's a conspiracy, man. They want me to wear out all my guns.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kill me now. lol

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Or what is the best home defense 5.56 round to miss with? (IE box o truth over penetration argument instead of just not missing???????)

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37082 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
My Son-in-law works for GMCorp and is buying me a new 2021 Chevy 2500 as a gift. My question is: should I get the optional 20" rim/tire combination or stay with the standard size?

Answer: Save your money. You should get a Toyota Tundra. I have 999,500 miles on mine and it has been flawless.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

My Son-in-law works for GMCorp and is buying me a new 2021 Chevy 2500 as a gift. My question is: should I get the optional 20" rim/tire combination or stay with the standard size?

Answer: Save your money. You should get a Toyota Tundra. I have 999,500 miles on mine and it has been flawless.
Wrong! You should spend your spare cash on ammo and training.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come on V tail, get it right. Ammo, training, and kickass rims for the minivan!

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

LMAO.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
you're right

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post