SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Not that you care or that I’m right but my two hot button responses
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not that you care or that I’m right but my two hot button responses Login/Join 
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

My Son-in-law works for GMCorp and is buying me a new 2021 Chevy 2500 as a gift. My question is: should I get the optional 20" rim/tire combination or stay with the standard size?

Answer: Save your money. You should get a Toyota Tundra. I have 999,500 miles on mine and it has been flawless.
Wrong! You should spend your spare cash on ammo and training.

Still wrong! You don't need a truck that big, so you really ought to go with the Tacoma.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For fucks sake. How hard is it to not repeat something as fact if you have never witnessed it or seen actual evidence. Steel cased ammo will blow up your gun, I’m absolutely positive about it. I just FEEL like I’m right on this one.

jimmy jumped in which was bad enough and then another watched that lucky gunner AR steel shoot and extrapolated that the same thing could occur in handguns. Fuck.

Rational thought in America is seriously in short supply.

Posts: 7444 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
One needs to be willing to sift through advice, no reason to jump on or away from any recommendation.

You don’t see me offended when someone recommends a Dodge. I can filter stuff out.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well in my defense I did tell you this is my hot button topic. Lol

These guys can’t just say they don’t like shooting it, which of course is none of my business. They have to interject their fake science into it. It just must cause damage. Well show us then. Well, I can’t but I’m really really sure. Of course they're pontificating about ammo that by their own admission they don’t shoot but they are positive it’s harmful. What the actual fuck? When did basic scientific method become so hard for people. They stopped at the hypothesis. No evidence, no data, certainly no testing. Nothing. My gunshop guy said it. Some guy at sig cs. A customer claims, blah blah blah.

When prices get normal again I am tempted to pick a gun and run a 10k “test”. Don’t clean it, log malfunctions, take pics, see if anything breaks. Maybe let you guys choose the gun. In reality I do this every year but this would make it official. Hardest part would be sticking to one gun for 10k, I like variety. Lol

Posts: 7444 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
You want to run a handgun torture test, go ahead. It would be more productive than whining in a separate thread about how your opinion isn't taken as gospel.

In the meantime, I'll stick with my opinion that for some people a cost tradeoff is worth it and for others the potential is not worth it.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
When prices get normal again I am tempted to pick a gun and run a 10k “test”. Don’t clean it, log malfunctions, take pics, see if anything breaks. Maybe let you guys choose the gun. In reality I do this every year but this would make it official. Hardest part would be sticking to one gun for 10k, I like variety. Lol

Not hard at all. This guy did one gun, 10k, in 5 weeks, fully documented Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26332 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True, but I am not nearly as analytical as you are Q. Plus, when photobucket died so did my ability to post pics. I just tried google photos only to realize after a bunch of wasted effort that google only posts links. I need to find a go to free or cheap hosting site. What’s best?

posted Hide Post
It’s what’s your deal bob. You get to complain about asshattery here.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
postimage.org. Free, simple.

Although I still have tons of pics on Photofucket, that place has become complicated garbage. They kept changing shit around, and the last time their main site had the total meltdown for over a month back in December, when they came back on, more shitty shuffling around with wrong dates, and many of my pics are either lost or corrupted. Mad

Q

Posts: 26332 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Q.

posted Hide Post
Just to get this straight, if I say “possibly” I can basically say anything after that, no matter how asinine. Did I get that right?

Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
No, when I say something I mean what I say and not whatever bullshit interpretation you come up with to fit your priors and feed your victimhood complex.

But keep coming to a separate thread to whine more after you said you were done.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Idiots think steel cased ammo damages handgun components. They never have proof. Prove me wrong.

And I said I was done on THAT thread. Of course I gave poor jimmy one more pass, now I’m done.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well don't get a Glock 34 its grip angle will break your wrists at 4000 rounds, plus I hear it won't fit in the glove box of a Toyota...

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the plus side though HRK, it is invisible to x ray detection. I can’t shoot my Glock 34 anymore because it keeps breaking extractor’s. If only I could figure out why.

Richard, it was my own fault for being cheap and enjoying shooting A LOT!

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
You want to run a handgun torture test, go ahead. It would be more productive than whining in a separate thread about how your opinion isn't taken as gospel.

In the meantime, I'll stick with my opinion that for some people a cost tradeoff is worth it and for others the potential is not worth it.

Do you really have to follow him into another thread to bicker? You didn’t get enough in the other thread so you had to come here too?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Do you really have to follow him into another thread to bicker? You didn’t get enough in the other thread so you had to come here too?

I read threads. I see posts. I don't have to actively search them out to find them.

But if dude is going to accuse me of just "regurgitating stuff I read on the internet" and make up stuff I haven't said, yeah. I'm going to respond.

posted Hide Post
Big Grin Eek Big Grin

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, what's going on?

Small words, short sentences, please.

Posts: 107481 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post