SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    LED light bars...grrrrr
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LED light bars...grrrrr Login/Join 
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Me too. I wish the DPS and Police would start ticketing these fools. There must be something they could be written up for.

Sometimes the police are the biggest offenders. So many LEDs and strobes going at once that I am completely blinded as I drive by.

This has gotten to be a real problem around here. A couple of years ago, I almost hit a pedestrian. The police had someone pulled over at the entrance to my neighborhood, and the strobes were so bright it completely destroyed my vision. The pedestrian wasn't where he should have been either, but I literally couldn't see him because of the spots in my eyes from that lightbar.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Valpo Fz:
I was blinded three times in less than 20 minutes today by some twat waffle with a giant LED light bar. It was so bright it blinded me in the middle of a sunny day. Really, whats the point? It is the middle of the day and it's sunny out. If we were on some dark highway or off roading in the desert I would understand, somewhat, but really on regular highways. All three were some old POS lifted truck.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe they are only for off reading. Hopefully the idiot will get a ticket if using them for street use.

Kevin

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Me too. I wish the DPS and Police would start ticketing these fools. There must be something they could be written up for.

Sometimes the police are the biggest offenders. So many LEDs and strobes going at once that I am completely blinded as I drive by.

They do that because dumb asses keep hitting police cars that have people pulled over.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post