SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm Gonna Drive Slow In The Left Lane
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm Gonna Drive Slow In The Left Lane Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
When you woke up this morning, was that your major plan for today?

You're driving (if you can call it that) twelve mph below the speed limit on a dry, clear, day.

Nobody in front of you for at least half a mile.

Dozens of vehicles behind you, waiting for you to PUT THE PHONE AWAY AND PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR DRIVING!

I'm going to be 81 in a few weeks, and even I am more competent than you are, you clueless imbecile.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Ugh....

There needs to be some sort of instant penalization for people who drive inconsiderately. Today, there are no repercussions for this type of stuff.

1) The OP's case
2) People who enter the freeway and then pull into your lane immediately (non-right most lane) even though the right most entry lane is clear. And of course they are slower than you - causing you to slow down and/or change lanes.
3) People who cut in front of you to exit when you have a reasonable distance (3 seconds) between you and the car in front and there is NOBODY behind you. WTF? This drives me up the wall.
4) People swerving into your lane repeatedly, not just once, because they are on the phone or doing something other than driving.
5) etc, etc, etc

Seriously, we need some way to instantly reprimand these idiots.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’ve always liked the idea of a minigun, but I suppose that’s out of the question

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about a ..... Panzerfaust?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I just need a button on my dashboard that disables an imbecile's vehicle for, say, a half hour.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy with photo tickets by other motorists, just like photo tickets for blowing toll booths. You email in dashcam footage of illegal behavior, the ass-hat gets a ticket (or at least the owner of the license plate does).

You'd probably have to quadruple the size of the highway patrol to keep up with the new workload.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
This is a no-shit true story: A co-worker's son (now an adult) was given driver's ed training. His instructor was an English-as-a-second-language immigrant who told my co-worker's son, "As soon as you get on the highway, move to the left lane to cruise."

I kid you not.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Ugh....

There needs to be some sort of instant penalization for people who drive inconsiderately. Today, there are no repercussions for this type of stuff.

1) The OP's case
2) People who enter the freeway and then pull into your lane immediately (non-right most lane) even though the right most entry lane is clear. And of course they are slower than you - causing you to slow down and/or change lanes.
3) People who cut in front of you to exit when you have a reasonable distance (3 seconds) between you and the car in front and there is NOBODY behind you. WTF? This drives me up the wall.
4) People swerving into your lane repeatedly, not just once, because they are on the phone or doing something other than driving.
5) etc, etc, etc

3a) People who damn near come to a stop in the left lane because they are about to miss their exit.

6) People that merge onto the highway a good 10-20 mph slower than the flow of traffic
7) People that come to a stop at the end of the on ramp - This calls for immediate revocation of license and seizure of all motor vehicles. (I almost rear ended a guy because he was stopped on the on ramp to a 70 mph road at the end of a sharp turn.)

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Left-lane Certified.

Deployed with my ANG SP unit to Germany. One of my senior NCOs was a civilian traffic cop. He was amazed by the kamikaze motorcyclists that passed us on the Autobahns. He said his radar unit would have burnt out twice over. Roll Eyes

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is it about the Toyota Prius drive train that causes the driver to go comatose?

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Ugh....

1) The OP's case
5) etc, etc, etc

3a) People who damn near come to a stop in the left lane because they are about to miss their exit.

6) People that merge onto the highway a good 10-20 mph slower than the flow of traffic
7) People that come to a stop at the end of the on ramp - This calls for immediate revocation of license and seizure of all motor vehicles. (I almost rear ended a guy because he was stopped on the on ramp to a 70 mph road at the end of a sharp turn.)

2a. People in the interstate right lane who refuse to move left for merging traffic even though the passing lane is empty and the next exit is ten miles away.

Yeah, our interstates (we don't say "freeway" around here) are two lanes.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Ah, left lane cruisers. What a bunch of bitches.

I cruised past a Prius about 30 min outside of Tallahassee, they were hypermilling in the left lane so I passed them on the right - there wasn't another car going eastbound for a least a mile in front or behind us.

Of course this was an egregious offense to the snowflakes sensibilities (although this occurred before the term was in common use) and they attempted to catch up.

Waze alerted me to the speed trap the FHP has outside of Tally - they are pretty much always there but it was good to have up to date intel.

I slowly kept the Prius at bay, but they were determined to catch up. Its amazing how fast someone will go when you slowly increase the cruise control by 1 MPH ever couple of seconds. The driver of the Prius was out for blood and HAD to pass me...

About 1/4 mile away from the FHP location, I started to get a tickle on the radar detector, so I knew it was time to spring the trap. No braking, just turn off cruise control to concede defeat to the snowflake driven Prius... he even sped up more to put an !!! in his pass... I just looked over at the occupants and smiled as they went by...

Of course he flung himself in the jaws of the FHP... he had to be close to 90+ in a 70 as the Trooper clocked him - by now I was in the gray area of 75-ish in a 70, so the Trooper pulled out behind me and accelerated past to pull the Prius over...

I haven't been able to repeat the performance, as the stars aligned that day but it was priceless to cruise by the Prius and the Statey all lit up behind him. "Suck it bitch!" Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
For us in the "sunshine" states, the snowbirds make life...interesting.

And by interesting I mean a Royal Pain In The Ass.
Being a glass half full type of guy, they are spending money here, so there's that.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

I cruised past a Prius about 30 min outside of Tallahassee, they were hypermilling in the left lane so I passed them on the right - there wasn't another car going eastbound for a least a mile in front or behind us.

Of course this was an egregious offense to the snowflakes sensibilities (although this occurred before the term was in common use) and they attempted to catch up.

Waze alerted me to the speed trap the FHP has outside of Tally - they are pretty much always there but it was good to have up to date intel.

I slowly kept the Prius at bay, but they were determined to catch up. Its amazing how fast someone will go when you slowly increase the cruise control by 1 MPH ever couple of seconds. The driver of the Prius was out for blood and HAD to pass me...

About 1/4 mile away from the FHP location, I started to get a tickle on the radar detector, so I knew it was time to spring the trap. No braking, just turn off cruise control to concede defeat to the snowflake driven Prius... he even sped up more to put an !!! in his pass... I just looked over at the occupants and smiled as they went by...

Of course he flung himself in the jaws of the FHP... he had to be close to 90+ in a 70 as the Trooper clocked him - by now I was in the gray area of 75-ish in a 70, so the Trooper pulled out behind me and accelerated past to pull the Prius over...

I haven't been able to repeat the performance, as the stars aligned that day but it was priceless to cruise by the Prius and the Statey all lit up behind him. "Suck it bitch!" Big Grin

Smile

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I flash the lights or put them on High Beam and even blow the horn at times.

I also act like I am holding a mic and talking to someone about their action. Sometimes they get out of the way.

Maybe you need to mount a spot light on the drivers door. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
2a. People in the interstate right lane who refuse to move left for merging traffic even though the passing lane is empty and the next exit is ten miles away.

2b. Line of cars entering an on ramp and giving no room to allow anyone in. Sure, "move left" is an answer but in rush hour? A solid left lane? Once ran into this and braked to let a guy in. However, the guy behind him drove up the shoulder to cut me off.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
How about a ..... Panzerfaust?

Paintball guns. You buy a limited number of rounds and get to shoot the bad drivers. Once a car gets a certain number of hits, it's parked and left for the rest of the month. Certain cure for road rage.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

LOLOLOLOL

Prius' are just too fun to pass!!!!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
When you woke up this morning, was that your major plan for today?

You're driving (if you can call it that) twelve mph below the speed limit on a dry, clear, day.

Nobody in front of you for at least half a mile.

Dozens of vehicles behind you, waiting for you to PUT THE PHONE AWAY AND PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR DRIVING!

I'm going to be 81 in a few weeks, and even I am more competent than you are, you clueless imbecile.

Had no idea you made it up to Indiana for the weekend. Big Grin

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
quote:

LOLOLOLOL

Prius' are just too fun to pass!!!!

I know - it sounds too good to be true, but it was glorious. I call it slingshoting but that's the only time I've slung someone into a speed trap.

I'm sure the snowflake wanked about the guy going "Just as fast and didn't get pulled over"...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post