SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm Gonna Drive Slow In The Left Lane
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm Gonna Drive Slow In The Left Lane Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Of course he flung himself in the jaws of the FHP... he had to be close to 90+ in a 70 as the Trooper clocked him - by now I was in the gray area of 75-ish in a 70, so the Trooper pulled out behind me and accelerated past to pull the Prius over...

I haven't been able to repeat the performance, as the stars aligned that day but it was priceless to cruise by the Prius and the Statey all lit up behind him. "Suck it bitch!" Big Grin

Sweet! Big Grin

I've never done anything like what you did. Was just the receiver of some assholish driving of some people.

One time, I saw a pick up zigzagging behind me through traffic. I don't remember what it was that I did. I may have been in the right most lane and was preventing him from going into my lane for him to continue his zigzag. He goes off an exit and showing me his IQ with middle finger.

He apparently tried to get back on the freeway by using the onramp because I saw a highway patrol stopped him on the side of the road. I honked to get his attention and waved at him with a smile. So the traffic had to have been slow and go at the time with him zigzagging for me to catch up with him already stopped by the police.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
how about the folks that run up behind you while you are in the left lane,

right up on your bumper,
finally get a spot in traffic to move to the right lane and said folks speed up and then rides along right beside you,

never pass,

and you have your cruise on so you have to break and slow to merge back in behind the idiot,, or ride slow in the right lane,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was talking to someone who went on a road trip with her friend who is a left lane driver. She said the looks they got from other drivers was ridiculous. She asked her friend why she doesnt move over and she said she "likes driving in the left lane and is more comfortable"

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
I was talking to someone who went on a road trip with her friend who is a left lane driver. She said the looks they got from other drivers was ridiculous. She asked her friend why she doesnt move over and she said she "likes driving in the left lane and is more comfortable"
Road rage, just waiting to happen.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Ah, left lane cruisers. What a bunch of bitches.

I cruised past a Prius about 30 min outside of Tallahassee, they were hypermilling in the left lane so I passed them on the right - there wasn't another car going eastbound for a least a mile in front or behind us.

Of course this was an egregious offense to the snowflakes sensibilities (although this occurred before the term was in common use) and they attempted to catch up.

Waze alerted me to the speed trap the FHP has outside of Tally - they are pretty much always there but it was good to have up to date intel.

I slowly kept the Prius at bay, but they were determined to catch up. Its amazing how fast someone will go when you slowly increase the cruise control by 1 MPH ever couple of seconds. The driver of the Prius was out for blood and HAD to pass me...

About 1/4 mile away from the FHP location, I started to get a tickle on the radar detector, so I knew it was time to spring the trap. No braking, just turn off cruise control to concede defeat to the snowflake driven Prius... he even sped up more to put an !!! in his pass... I just looked over at the occupants and smiled as they went by...

Of course he flung himself in the jaws of the FHP... he had to be close to 90+ in a 70 as the Trooper clocked him - by now I was in the gray area of 75-ish in a 70, so the Trooper pulled out behind me and accelerated past to pull the Prius over...

I haven't been able to repeat the performance, as the stars aligned that day but it was priceless to cruise by the Prius and the Statey all lit up behind him. "Suck it bitch!" Big Grin

Rumor has it Rhino drowned in pussy that night. Rest in p****.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All that money wasted on signage and Driver Testing Manuals, "Slower Traffic Keep Right", "Keep Right Except to Pass".

Used to be, "Flash to pass." Now, you'll get the finger, cussed out, tailgated or shot at. The old 3 second rule or using turn signals are now a sign of weakness.

Just finished round trip Holiday travel from WV to South Dakota. Exhausting. Driving a car was not unlike a long trip on a motorcycle. Looking for escape lanes, constant checking of surroundings, always making defensive & aggressive decisions.

We made it back, but age is catching up on me, 70+.
Driving is not as much fun as it was, it's all about avoiding an accident caused by a comatose driver.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, the hazardous left lane speed control monitors - they come in all shapes and sizes. Assigned to do their civic duty by themselves. Oblivious to everyone around them, in their own little world.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
What is it about the Toyota Prius drive train that causes the driver to go comatose?

Too much Smug

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
how about the folks that run up behind you while you are in the left lane,

right up on your bumper,
finally get a spot in traffic to move to the right lane and said folks speed up and then rides along right beside you,

never pass,

Or the multiple offenders. They pass you. Move into your lane. Then match your speed and eventually slow down. You pass them. Next thing you know: There they are again.

I usually eventually get fed up with such idiots , pass them "with authority," and keep the speed up until they disappear from my rear-view mirror.

How about the id10ts that drive a MPH or two under the speed limit on a two-lane road--until they can be passed. Then they speed up.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post