SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Joe Pesci Was Correct About The Drive-Through.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Pesci Was Correct About The Drive-Through. Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Instead of the drive-through, I go into the store and place the order. They still fuck you.

I do not hear well, but I do speak very clearly.

Fortunately, the credit card terminal in this fast-food place (Pollo Tropical) displays each entry that the cashier makes on her terminal.

No,I did not say "Dine in." I said "Carry Out."

No, I did not say "1/4 chicken," I said "1 chicken."

No, I did not say "White rice / black beans," I said "Yellow rice, black beans."

So the cashier, who was almost as sharp as Occasional Cortex, finally got everything entered correctly. I paid and got a receipt that clearly shows my order, and it was correct.

I got home, after killing 25 minutes drive each way (rush hour on Friday afternoon), and another 35 minutes in the store, waiting to place the order, then waiting for the order to be filled. Got home, gave it to my wife to dish it out. Wife asks, "What did you order?"

I showed her the receipt, she said, "Yes, that's what we wanted, but it's not what we got." The side -- yellow rice and black beans, there were NO BEANS. Fuck.

I was not going to kill another hour and a half, so we ate the incomplete meal.

I then called the store.

First call: Recording, "Your call is very important to us, please stay on the line," and then the call disconnected. Not really that important?

Second call: A human(?) answered, I asked for the manager, the person said "He is not in," and hung up.

W? T? F? Is this really how you run a business? I guess my next stop is yelp.com, it won't really do any good, but it's another place to vent.

By the way, the chicken there is very good, but you really have to check everything in the order before you walk out.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Most excellent rant Big Grin...(hope it wasn't Publix) Razz

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Pollo Tropical

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Pollo Tropical

They suck. The one by me only stayed in business for less than 2 years then closed. It’s now a del taco. They’ve been closing them in Georgia left and right.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
quote:
Pollo Tropical
They suck. The one by me only stayed in business for less than 2 years then closed. It’s now a del taco. They’ve been closing them in Georgia left and right.
I have no complaint at all about the food. The chicken is tasty, the sides are good. My major bitch is the service. The cashiers are not trained to actually listen to what the customer says. Point: I know that the first thing they will ask is whether the order is for eating there or carrying out, so I open with "This is for take-out."

The cashier then looks at me and asks, "Is this for dining here or for carry out?" She then proceeds to enter every single thing incorrectly. Unlike many fast food places, their terminal is arranged so that the customer can see what the cashier is entering, so it's not difficult to catch the errors.

Problem though, once the order is entered into the system correctly, the person who packs the order does not get it right, and nobody checks it, so after driving there, waiting for the excruciatingly slow service, then driving home, I open the order and find that there are items missing.

Are these the "workers" who want fifteen dollars an hour? Big problem there.

I believe that this is a Miami-based, Hispanic-owned, business. Much like TracFone, that profile seems to lead to absolutely shitty customer service, even if the product that they are offering is good. Cultural differences. I really saw that during the three years that I worked for International Tel & Tel in Puerto Rico.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
I agree with Vtail. The food is good and tasty. BUT, the drive thru.....at lunch time.....takes a minimum of 20 minutes if not 30 minutes to drive through the drive thru...….inside is not any faster either......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Vote with your dollars.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your call is very important to us, please stay on the line,

No, no it isn't. If my call was important to you, it would have been answered by a human being.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Pollo Tropical has a terrible reputation for having shit stupid employees.

So bad, they are permanently closed here.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I would send corporate a very nice email about how much you like their food but the service is lacking in their accuracy.
My wife had a problem with a fast food sub place years ago. She sent an email. They sent her a coupon for a free sub and said they would review that stores training policy. Several weeks later she went back. The same people were working and no problems.
Sometimes it is training and some times people just don't care. Sometimes if you send corporate an email you get their attention.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

I'm going out on a limb here... We all like to blame clueless employees. Blame management. CFA doesn't have this problem. In & Out doesn't have this problem. What-A-Burger doesn't have this problem. My wife and her EX were McDonald franchisees. They didn't have this problem with their stores and made a really good living. It is corporate culture, in the fast food joints I listed, for management to be excellent and train employees to be excellent or out they go. BTW, an employee bought the franchises from her EX when he retired.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:

quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

I'm going out on a limb here... We all like to blame clueless employees. Blame management.
Not a limb. You are absolutely correct. From my post above, "I believe that this is a Miami-based, Hispanic-owned, business. Much like TracFone, that profile seems to lead to absolutely shitty customer service, even if the product that they are offering is good. Cultural differences. I really saw that during the three years that I worked for International Tel & Tel in Puerto Rico."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I have never ate there, they opened two near me. They shut them both down before I had the chance

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

I have never ate there, they opened two near me. They shut them both down before I had the chance
Count your blessings.

Well, actually, the food is pretty tasty. The staff training leaves a lot to be desired.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do not hear well, but I do speak very clearly.

How do you know if you can't hear yourself speaking? Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Went to Wendy’s tonight on supper break for a Frosty and a burger. Had to repeat myself three times on what toppings I wanted on the burger and then told them I wanted a medium chocolate Frosty. Got back to work, the burger was actually correct but I had a vanilla Frosty. Ugh.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Your order was pretty complicated.

The guy ahead of you in the old 1974 Dodge Monaco sedan ordered four fried chickens and a Coke.

They even messed that up.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

The guy ahead of you in the old 1974 Dodge Monaco sedan ordered four fried chickens and a Coke.

And some dry white toast...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do you know if you can't hear yourself speaking?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He has a wife. She will tell him for sure.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

And some dry white toast...

Were they 2 honkies dressed like Hasidic diamond merchants?

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post