SIGforum
Levis is funding anti-gun activities and paying employees to be Anti-Gun

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/8320034454

March 11, 2019, 02:00 PM
jimb888
https://www.gunsamerica.com/di...iWoZ9jZKBBrRtt_RRYYs

Starts out: "In the best attempt to date to unseat Edward Stack as the nation’s Virtue Signaler in Chief, Levi Strauss’s CEO Chip Bergh bravely announced this week his company’s support of “youth activists” working to end the “gun violence epidemic” in America and encouraged other “business leaders” to do the same.

“As business leaders with power in the public and political arenas, we simply cannot stand by silently when it comes to the issues that threaten the very fabric of the communities where we live and work,” he said in a recent op-ed published by Fortune. “While taking a stand can be unpopular with some, doing nothing is no longer an option.”

Naming his brand among the “pioneers of the American West” and the “great symbols of American freedom,” Bergh outlines three ways he’s hoping to restrict the constitutional rights of his fellow Americans.

First, he plans to establish the Safer Tomorrow Fund, which will dole out $1 million in “philanthropic grants” to “nonprofits and youth activists who are working to end gun violence in America.”
SEE ALSO: Dick’s Sporting Goods Stock Plummets 10 Percent After Poor Sales Numbers

Next, Bergh and his company will join Everytown for Gun Safety’s new Business Leaders for Gun Safety coalition. Roughly paraphrasing Everytown’s website, this group is working to join banks and other businesses doing their darndest to bankrupt gun companies and marginalize gun owners.

Finally, Bergh hopes to incentivize his employees to join him in his righteous crusade. Levi Strauss will double its usual employee donation match to anti-gun organizations and pay employees for sixty working hours per year (5 hours per month) to volunteer for the same organizations.

“We’re encouraging our employees to use their time to make an impact,” he said."
March 11, 2019, 02:10 PM
Marcushoss
Levi's has been anti gun for many years. When I found out, I quit buying them. I learned that Wrangler sponsored different shooting events and started buying them. Not as stylish, but more comfortable and they aren't out sponsoring gun grabbing.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.
March 11, 2019, 02:14 PM
quote:
Naming his brand among the “pioneers of the American West” and the “great symbols of American freedom,” Bergh outlines three ways he’s hoping to restrict the constitutional rights of his fellow Americans.

Truly ironic. Roll Eyes

Q

March 11, 2019, 03:18 PM
Johnny 3eagles
Levi jeans have become hipster fashion. Screw 'em.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
March 11, 2019, 03:50 PM
az4783054
When they moved their production 'offshore' I quit buying them. The majority of their products are made in China, Japan, Italy and maybe Mexico. So are those the employees he intends to pay to be anti gun?

I prefer WRANGLER.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.
March 11, 2019, 03:52 PM
rainman64
Blew them off a while ago, for Wrangler and Dickies.

No surprise, as I am a toxic masculine Texan anyways

March 11, 2019, 04:00 PM
Ryanp225
I checked in on their FB page and boy oh boy are they getting blown up good! Smile
March 11, 2019, 04:01 PM
Edmond
What a prick. Was an Army officer, guess he forgot about that oath to protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies...

If I were on the board, I'd want his sorry ass removed. You're there to make money for the company, not push your SJW ideals onto the brand and alienate even more long-time customers.

March 11, 2019, 05:24 PM
egregore
quote:

And the pope is Catholic, bears shit in the woods, and former USMC drill instructors make terrible therapists. Razz While this does seem to be a new level, Levi's has been anti-gun for many years.
March 11, 2019, 07:52 PM
2012BOSS302
I am good not buying their shit - they're just jeans and they don't even make them in the US anymore.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.
March 12, 2019, 05:49 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Truly ironic. Roll Eyes
I thought Levis were wrinkle-free, no need to ironic them.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
March 12, 2019, 10:47 AM
erj_pilot
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I thought Levis were wrinkle-free, no need to ironic them.

HAHA!! Big Grin

Side question...what is Wrangler's stance on 2nd Amendment issues? I haven't bought Levi jeans in YEARS anyway, but am curious about Wrangler.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
March 12, 2019, 08:27 PM
Elk Hunter
I have no need to buy Levi products. Wife and I bought quite a pile of jeans several years ago. Some store going out of business. Still have at least 10 pairs stacked on the closet shelf that have never been worn. Don't remember what brand.

If I needed a new pair of jeans, it would not be levi.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
March 12, 2019, 09:00 PM
h2oys
I've refused to buy Levis for many years now as well.
March 12, 2019, 09:08 PM
Otto Pilot
I've been pleasantly surprised by a couple of pairs of Carhartt jeans I bought recently as well.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon
March 12, 2019, 10:06 PM
AZSigs
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
I've refused to buy Levis for many years now as well.

As have I.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor
March 13, 2019, 07:15 AM
95flhr
Have not bought any of their products for years.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart
March 13, 2019, 07:53 AM
Kskelton
I don’t buy levis, but I’m still amazed at these companies. I don’t understand why any of them would put out their thoughts on such topics as guns, abortions, politics, same sex marriage, etc. what good could come from giving your opinion on ANY of these topics? You’re going to piss somebody off on either side of the fence on any of these topics. If you want to donate your money somewhere for tax purposes how about donating to vets, police, battered women shelters. who could be mad at you donating to any of these places?

The only time I think it’s ok for any business to give their opinions on these topics is when that IS their business. If I sell guns obviously I should be pro-gun, because guns are definitely not the business you get into to get rich or because the paperwork is so much fun.

I guess that’s why I don’t really Facebook either. I don’t feel the need to tell people my every thought.

www.OneStopFirearms.com
March 13, 2019, 12:16 PM
Aquabird
I would stop buying their jeans if I had not already stopped years ago.

I found for me, that they do not last as well as some others and the worst thing is how they put a "Strangle Hold" on my twins.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
March 13, 2019, 12:21 PM
ZSMICHAEL
The current commercials REALLY suck. Who is the target audience??