SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough About Your Stupid Furbabies!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough About Your Stupid Furbabies! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
UGGGGGH

This girl I went to college with and friends on FB with doesn’t have kids, but has several “fur babies” and she posts numerous times a day about them, every damn day.

Please stop it already! No one gives a shit about your stupid dogs and what they ate or who they played with today! How about you get a life or something? It’s beyond annoying to have my feed filled with her posts, I’ve tried to unfollow her but there’s some kind of glitch that won’t turn off her posts. I’d rather not un-friend her, but JEEZ! Roll Eyes

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would say the same about children...

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
She wants very badly to be a mom. Nature hasn’t favored her and her instinct won’t quit, and so I give pretty wide latitude to the women in my life that match this description. Some of them would be every bit as vicious in protecting my child as my wife would be, so I can’t judge it too harshly.

Things like this tend to come from the complete opposite place that malice does, and I tend to have a hard time with people dumping on it. They have so much love to give that the dog or cat they’ve chosen to give love to is wholly incapable of realizing or reflecting it, so they want YOU to know how much love they’re capable of giving, that some of the emotional need they feel might be recognized by someone, which is what we all know they wanted in the first place because the cat doesn’t read Facebook. These people are lonely. Being lonely sucks.

It can be annoying, but do you kick puppies when they yap too much? Same thing, in my book.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
She wants very badly to be a mom. Nature hasn’t favored her and her instinct won’t quit, and so I give pretty wide latitude to the women in my life that match this description. Some of them would be every bit as vicious in protecting my child as my wife would be, so I can’t judge it too harshly.

Things like this tend to come from the complete opposite place that malice does, and I tend to have a hard time with people dumping on it. They have so much love to give that the dog or cat they’ve chosen to give love to is wholly incapable of realizing or reflecting it, so they want YOU to know how much love they’re capable of giving, that some of the emotional need they feel might be recognized by someone, which is what we all know they wanted in the first place because the cat doesn’t read Facebook. These people are lonely. Being lonely sucks.

It can be annoying, but do you kick puppies when they yap too much? Same thing, in my book.

What annoys me the most is the cruel irony that women like the OP's friend, who would be incredible moms cannot have kids while LaQuisha and Jantelle shit out kids then ignore them and treat them horribly

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I'd rather see that instead of the irrational rants on FB about how wonderful St. Hillary is and how evil President Trump is. I've come close to unfriending the wife of a friend of almost fifty years because of that.

If she would get her facts right we could have a rational discussion on the matter. I have facts to back my opinions and quote them. Hers, I swear she makes them up on the fly. The latest was that Gerrymandering, a hot topic in Michigan was the only reason that President Trump won this state in 2016. Unfortunately for her rant, the redistricting was put in place BEFORE the 2012 elections. And we all know how that vote went.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

This is probably a fair analysis.

But I also get short-tempered with people who inflict it on me too much. I just keep it inside, though, and shun them on Facebook. Wink

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
One of the many reasons why I do not participate in Facebook. Sometimes ignorance is bliss Wink

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Find something you enjoy, and post incessantly about it, or, ignore her.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I wonder what people say about me when I post about my interests.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a " furbaby " , I have a dog .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by l33571:
I would say the same about children...

First thing that came into my mind!

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
The term fur baby is one of the most annoying things ever.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
What annoys me the most is the cruel irony that women like the OP's friend, who would be incredible moms cannot have kids while LaQuisha and Jantelle shit out kids then ignore them and treat them horribly

I absolutely agree. Those people bother me, and seeing children wasted on people who don't love and value them is an insult added to an injury for those who can't have children, I have no doubt.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fur Baby. Fur Kid. No matter what the interest or hobby, there is always someone who tips it into crazy.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are a couple of those people who wanted children but were unable to have them. We have taken that love and focused it on our dogs. They are still wonderful souls who give us love in return and we have a duty to provide them with a good life. So yeah, some of you may think that’s weird or crazy but I really don’t give a fuck. If you don’t like what someone posts about their dogs then don’t fucking read them.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
One of the many reasons why I do not participate in Facebook. Sometimes ignorance is bliss Wink

Same. I’d rather slit my wrists then use that Democrat contributing gun hating pos.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

And I am not her "pet parent", I am her owner.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by detroit192:
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

And I am not her "pet parent", I am her owner.

Key word; P E T

As reminded by the folks we got our first lab from "She's a pet, not a person. And she is here for your family's enjoyment and entertainment, not the other way around." Good advice.

Of course with a lab, the two actually overlap since all they require of you is some loving care, good food, lots of water and JUST THROW THE DAMN THING AGAIN!!!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I wonder what people say about me when I post about my interests.

I post very little on Facebook, but I always kind of wonder how many people have "unfollowed" me anyway.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Fur Baby. Fur Kid. No matter what the interest or hobby, there is always someone who tips it into crazy.

I'm not a pet person, but there are SF members who buy a new gun and post about 'a new addition to the family' and/or refer to a gun as she/her rather than it, so I can't knock pet ppl/fur parents too much.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post