SIGforum
Enough About Your Stupid Furbabies!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/8320031544

August 01, 2018, 12:33 PM
HRK
Enough About Your Stupid Furbabies!
when you are viewing your news feed, each item has three black dots (on app) in the top right of the post.

Press those dots and you'll get a pop up menu with options regarding the poster, if it's an ad you can hid all ads from that advertiser. For individuals you can unfollow them, hide them for 30 days, and a few other options.

Whenever you see her post, just click the three dots and select the option you wish, that way you don't have to unfriend her, unfollowing isn't an unfriending. They shouldnt see anything that you booted her from your news feed.

I've several friends that I have booted from the feed, since I'm not interested in every single daily facet of their lives I limit them to just being friends. If I want to check on them I'll do so by going to their page.

August 01, 2018, 01:17 PM
Rey HRH
I use Facebook for only the important things in my life like my meal pics. Okay, I also post pics of my dogs. What else would I do with it?

I have plenty of connections on FB so my page is pretty fast moving for me. If I'm not interested in a post, I simply ignore it.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
August 01, 2018, 02:34 PM
GJG
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:

The latest was that Gerrymandering, a hot topic in Michigan was the only reason that President Trump won this state in 2016. Unfortunately for her rant, the redistricting was put in place BEFORE the 2012 elections. And we all know how that vote went.

How does she account for gerrymandering having absolutely no effect on statewide vote totals, which is what Trump won?

Light bender eye mender
August 13, 2018, 03:04 PM
K0ZZZ
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
She wants very badly to be a mom. Nature hasn’t favored her and her instinct won’t quit, and so I give pretty wide latitude to the women in my life that match this description. Some of them would be every bit as vicious in protecting my child as my wife would be, so I can’t judge it too harshly.

Things like this tend to come from the complete opposite place that malice does, and I tend to have a hard time with people dumping on it. They have so much love to give that the dog or cat they’ve chosen to give love to is wholly incapable of realizing or reflecting it, so they want YOU to know how much love they’re capable of giving, that some of the emotional need they feel might be recognized by someone, which is what we all know they wanted in the first place because the cat doesn’t read Facebook. These people are lonely. Being lonely sucks.

It can be annoying, but do you kick puppies when they yap too much? Same thing, in my book.

Wish there was a way to tag this as a "best of" comment. Especially as someone whose life circumstances put my wife and I in that category.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.
August 13, 2018, 05:23 PM
old rugged cross
I guess you just can't get her out of your head Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
August 13, 2018, 05:29 PM
TMats
I’m not bothered by anyone talking about their pets; I just don’t care for the term “fur baby,” and couldn’t imagine ever using it no matter how much I care about my dog.

August 13, 2018, 06:39 PM
KMitch200
What is this "Facebook" you speak of? Sounds like a social disease.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.
August 13, 2018, 11:16 PM
bobtheelf
quote:
I'd rather see that instead of the irrational rants on FB about how wonderful St. Hillary is and how evil President Trump is. I've come close to unfriending the wife of a friend of almost fifty years because of that.

If she would get her facts right we could have a rational discussion on the matter. I have facts to back my opinions and quote them. Hers, I swear she makes them up on the fly. The latest was that Gerrymandering, a hot topic in Michigan was the only reason that President Trump won this state in 2016. Unfortunately for her rant, the redistricting was put in place BEFORE the 2012 elections. And we all know how that vote went.

Of course, the timeline is irrelevant; gerrymandering has absolutely nothing to do with the electoral college.
August 14, 2018, 02:47 PM
jhe888
Is there a time portal between this thread and some other one?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
August 15, 2018, 07:01 PM
mikeyspizza
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
The term fur baby is one of the most annoying things ever.
As is the current term for children - "kiddos."
August 17, 2018, 05:01 PM
LtJL
nuke Facebook.
August 23, 2018, 06:58 AM
Ronin101
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I’m not bothered by anyone talking about their pets; I just don’t care for the term “fur baby,” and couldn’t imagine ever using it no matter how much I care about my dog.

ditto
August 23, 2018, 07:29 AM
SIG4EVA
I agree completely. I love my dogs and rarely post about them unless they do something cool. I don't even post pics of my children that often.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"
August 23, 2018, 12:04 PM
Georgeair

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

August 27, 2018, 05:45 PM
matai
I just deactivated my FB account, feels great
September 03, 2018, 12:46 PM
shovelhead
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
quote:
I'd rather see that instead of the irrational rants on FB about how wonderful St. Hillary is and how evil President Trump is. I've come close to unfriending the wife of a friend of almost fifty years because of that.

If she would get her facts right we could have a rational discussion on the matter. I have facts to back my opinions and quote them. Hers, I swear she makes them up on the fly. The latest was that Gerrymandering, a hot topic in Michigan was the only reason that President Trump won this state in 2016. Unfortunately for her rant, the redistricting was put in place BEFORE the 2012 elections. And we all know how that vote went.

Of course, the timeline is irrelevant; gerrymandering has absolutely nothing to do with the electoral college.

I know that, shows her grasp of understanding of the Electoral College. She has backed off for awhile, kind of miss the rants.

I only was unfriended by one person, the sister of my best buddy, I've known him since 1967, known her just a bit shorter. Yep, over Hillary and how unfair the election was. I think it's kind of funny and childish at the same time.........

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)
September 04, 2018, 01:00 AM
KevinCW
I have for years referred to people's children a "fuck trophys"

Now, I have no ill will toward children. I have no ill will toward people's pets.

But no matter who the person, EACH AND EVERY ONE, is absolutely arrogant when they think that everyone else wants to drop it all and look at pictures, stories or whatever, of some creature in their life.

It is just basic self importance... doesn't matter if it is 4 legged or 2 legged. Either way, I probably don't really care, other than to be polite.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."
September 04, 2018, 04:32 PM
Aquabird
Have owned and trained dogs for much of my life, but agree about posting about them all the time.

Now, with kids....that is much different.
For most parents, kids ARE their life.

Our kids were our life, not our dogs and we did not refer to ourselves as pet parents.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
September 06, 2018, 09:08 PM
cas
"Furkid" is about the creepiest thing I've ever heard.

I don't eve have kids, and I find it kind of insulting to real parents that you think you can compare the two.

September 14, 2018, 07:37 PM
Elk Hunter
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
nuke Facebook.

I did. Several years ago.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter