SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm tired of the aggressive driving
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm tired of the aggressive driving Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
...ass holes...
That epithet should be all one word.
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
...dumb ass...
That epithet should be all one word.
quote:
...little dick...
OK, yeah, that's correct as two words.
quote:
...rode dick...
Umm, I think you misspelled 'road'. Although, it's actually better as you typed it.

Carry on

Posts: 107465 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here it seems half of the people forgot how to drive and are driving under the speed limit. And then a few crazies driving double the speed limited and weaving from lane to lane around the slow people like a ping pong ball.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
...ping pong...
Unless that's the name of your Chinese servant, that should be hyphenated.

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
I'm tired of the aggressive driving

Do you live around here? Big Grin Speeders and red light runners everywhere.

Same thing here!

I keep waiting for the massive car pileup on Rt. 234 here.

I see groups of cars running 70+ with less than 10 feet between the cars.

The traffic cops around here could be taking in a fortune in fines here, especially on Rt. 234.

Having said that, I do not recall when I actually saw a cop pull a driver over here.

Mix in the damned smart phones and it is only a matter of time. I have to go about 6 miles out of my way to avoid that stretch of road, and have been doing that more and more.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like we’re back to green flag racin’!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the bad grammer Para. Some people just are not going to drive good. My friend Joe, at 80 years old was walking the isles here at Richwood Market Saturday morning. He always does, looking at what Vendors are setting up to sell. Another Vendor is driving through like the isles are secondary roads. At 10 to 15 MPH, he drove right into Joe. Up on the hood and into the glass. Never even hit the brakes. Joe went flying off the front onto the blacktop. Walton took him to UC Cincinnati. Pretty bad example of motor vehicle operation for the driver.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My town just returned to consistent traffic enforcement. Seems like non-stop citations for the past 48 hours. (I live in a small town)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately not everyone has received the memo stating Covid19 driving rules are no longer applicable. It was amazing for a while going to work and only seeing a few vehicles on the road. I’m not going to lie, I took advantage of the sparse traffic to slightly shorten my drive time. Now everyone else is back out on the highway so back to the old rules. Everyone be safe! (I’ve proofread for grammatical errors and will hopefully get a passing grade!)

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
You should see the highway we have to travel on frequently around here; Route 422 in the Philly suburbs. I was driving on it the other day with my wife, in the lefthand lane going about 75 (official speed limit is 55 but you will get run off the road if you try that) and I see someone zooming up, Autobahn-style. I move over but there is someone still ahead of this guy in the left lane. I watch as he moves into the righthanded lane...then into the shoulder and passes all of us going about 100 mph ON THE SHOULDER and them shoots over to the lefthand lane, then really takes off like a bat out of hell.

That's EVERY DAY around here, people are absolutely insane.

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I found that when I took up road racing for my mid life crisis I drove a LOT faster on the track but driving fast on the road lost it's luster. At least on the track you know people around you SHOULD know what they are doing. Younins driving like race cars drivers is just begging for deaths.

A good friend of my daughter died before he got his license. Took his dads car out with the express goal of hitting 100MPH on the speed sign in their neighborhood. Unfortunately driving for real is a LOT different than Grand Theft Auto and he crashed and killed his best friend.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry about the bad grammer Para.
Actually, my post has nothing to do with grammar or spelling. It was just a creative, funny way to put out a fire.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are a dumb ass. Anything you claim to have been trained to do, does not belong being done on Our highway system. Doing it would seem, at least to you, to put you in some higher position as a motor vehicle operator. Retarded small victory. You would further insight some others to join in your little dick highway ride. Nothing but a bragadosious A hole on the road. Keep your so called trained ass on the track. You, like thousands of others just dont have what it takes to participate among other operators because no 2 are alike and noone other fits your Ken Block mold. The sooner you pile your shit into a concrete divider and lose your professional ability to be a rode dick, the sooner the general public get to operate a bit safer. You've posted the stupidist thing I have ever read in Sig Forum, hot rod.

If you are going to insult me, right back at you ass hole. Did I state that I do "ken block" on the roads? No I didn't. I don't do anything of the sort but thanks for the ass-umption. You are making a bunch of asinine assumptions and being an "ass hole".

The driving I described by these idiots is akin to a dumbass going to the gun range, with no clue, doing a mag dump and hitting other peoples targets, endangering other people. Someone taking classes on firearms, whatever that may be, has taken the time to train. My track instruction is much the same, that's it. That doesn't mean you do the same thing on the streets. Where you pulled that out of I don't know, perhaps your ass.

The only thing I do around any traffic is maybe go 80 mph in the fast lane where it's rated at 70 mph on a road trip. I couldn't tell the last time I got a ticket, it was decades ago. And I have never caused a wreck in my life. I guess that's Ken Block to you huh?

You've posted the most ass hole shit on here that I have ever read. Maybe take a walk, or have a cookie, and you'll be as right as rain. I think the covid is getting to you.

There is no excuse for this bullshit driving on these streets right now. Apparently from the responses in the thread, it is rampant in many states.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, Speed, you've had your say. Park it in the garage.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry about the bad grammer Para. Some people just are not going to drive good.

Posts: 27921 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post