SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm tired of the aggressive driving
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm tired of the aggressive driving Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
This bullshit has been going on for months. Getting cut off regularly, people driving insane speeds on the highway and city streets. Any time I leave the house now this occurs. Nightly news has bad wrecks every single day. People getting killed or seriously injured. I'm no saint, I use the fast lane on the highway, and definitely speed out in the desolate countryside of our metro but there is a time and place to do it. Doing 60 mph down a 40 mph street where people walk is insane. Merging onto the highway and people are doing 90 mph each and every time, while swerving lanes, is also insane. Speeding like this and driving erratically is not going to make the virus go away or get anything back to normal.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
No location in your profile, but it sounds like you're in Jackson, MS. Been going on here since mid March, just an exaggeration of normal shitty driving with less traffic as hinderance.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
No location in your profile, but it sounds like you're in Jackson, MS. Been going on here since mid March, just an exaggeration of normal shitty driving with less traffic as hinderance.

Naw, he's definitely in the Spokane Wa. area. It's really nuts around here. If the virus doesn't kill me, some asshole driver will. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
If you drive fast, Covid-19 can't catch you. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the red light runners. They are especially bad around here.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
If you speed up, they won't seem to be going as fast
Razz

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
IIRC, OP is in the DFW area.

Keep that mess up there.

I've been commuting on the bike the last 2 weeks (when I'm in the office), and have found the opposite here in N Houston.
Traffic is getting more dense, but seems less aggressive than normal.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What’s your age?

As I age, I notice that I drive more like my Dad did (pokey). Meanwhile I watch young folk drive as foolish as I once did.

Thank God that I didn’t have an iPhone back then.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm tired of the aggressive driving

Do you live around here? Big Grin Speeders and red light runners everywhere.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I volunteer with my villages' fire department. We're JUST below the Idaho border and get calls frequently, considering how remote we are.

I was guiding traffic, on a call this morning. We had a UHP up I-15, with his light bar on, warning folks something was going on ahead.

It amazes me how obtuse some drivers are and how the range of behaviors is limitless.

Some truckers not slowing down or changing lanes, even though they can plainly see an accident ahead. Little old men and ladies, holding on to the steering wheel for dear life. They seem afraid to change lanes. Young folks always in a hurry...but I'm preaching to the choir here...

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Speeding and "aggressive" lane changes have become the norm around here as well. It seems as if the State Police have all but disappeared since the CV19 started up and the populace knows there will be no radar or patrol cars on the highways.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
This bullshit has been going on for months. Getting cut off regularly, people driving insane speeds on the highway and city streets. Any time I leave the house now this occurs. Nightly news has bad wrecks every single day. People getting killed or seriously injured. I'm no saint, I use the fast lane on the highway, and definitely speed out in the desolate countryside of our metro but there is a time and place to do it. Doing 60 mph down a 40 mph street where people walk is insane. Merging onto the highway and people are doing 90 mph each and every time, while swerving lanes, is also insane. Speeding like this and driving erratically is not going to make the virus go away or get anything back to normal.

I agree 100% and it will probably get even worse with summer traffic. After having my son, I had to hang up my helmet because I couldn't risk riding my motorcycles on the street anymore along side all the assholes. On the plus side, it has me looking for a track only bike.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Today made a trip down to New Orleans (downtown) for wife"s heart doctor visit. I-10 at several spots 4/5 lanes wide posted speed 70mph and people doing 80+mph with multible lane changes with no lane change signal lights used. Not my cup of tea. But made it in and out and do not have to go back till December. ......................drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
It's the same here. Many, many more maniac drivers and many more accidents this year.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am luckier than most. Traffic around town is increasingly dangerous, now that the tourists are coming back.
But 5 minutes outside of town.... All alone on a wide open road.
Except for the deer!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm tired of the aggressive driving

don't go to boston

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Razz

I have been riding and driving on the track since the 90’s. Countless trackdays and HPDE’s. I’ve taken instruction dozens of times from professional riders and drivers and can keep up with the semi-pro guys racing in the lower classes. I’ve spent far too much money and time learning how to ride or drive extremely fast around corners. A monkey can go fast in a straight line for a minute. It takes skill to drive or ride fast, pass clean, and not endanger folks.

I’m sick of this current bullshit driving because it’s completely obvious that have had no instruction, and have no skill driving fast. People are just flooring it everywhere. Hey if you know how to drive fast and want to mob in the fast lane I have no problem. But zig zagging around on the highway from the slow lane, 3 lanes over, while doing 90 mph, not making clean maneuvers, cutting people off and being a fuck stick is a problem. As is doing 60 mph down a 40 mph street next to my neighborhood and a park. People are straight up driving like complete ass holes and people are getting injured and killed. Speed on the highway, just do it cleanly. If you can’t, you don’t know what the fuck you are doing.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Don't forget the red light runners. They are especially bad around here.

People continuing to turn after the turn light was red was my biggest irritant my last couple of years working. It became so common that I wouldn't even try to proceed when the light turned green because, almost without fail, 3 or 4 cars would keep coming even after the arrow had gone red. Mad

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of my neighbors never use turn signals and seldom yield the right of way. Then again, they seldom get out of the pasture.

I'm blessed now; it wasn't always so. Norfolk, VA; Jacksonville, FL; San Antonio, TX. I don't miss that at all.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Razz

I have been riding and driving on the track since the 90’s. Countless trackdays and HPDE’s. I’ve taken instruction dozens of times from professional riders and drivers and can keep up with the semi-pro guys racing in the lower classes. I’ve spent far too much money and time learning how to ride or drive extremely fast around corners. A monkey can go fast in a straight line for a minute. It takes skill to drive or ride fast, pass clean, and not endanger folks.

I’m sick of this current bullshit driving because it’s completely obvious that have had no instruction, and have no skill driving fast. People are just flooring it everywhere. Hey if you know how to drive fast and want to mob in the fast lane I have no problem. But zig zagging around on the highway from the slow lane, 3 lanes over, while doing 90 mph, not making clean maneuvers, cutting people off and being a fuck stick is a problem. As is doing 60 mph down a 40 mph street next to my neighborhood and a park. People are straight up driving like complete ass holes and people are getting injured and killed. Speed on the highway, just do it cleanly. If you can’t, you don’t know what the fuck you are doing.
You are a dumb ass. Anything you claim to have been trained to do, does not belong being done on Our highway system. Doing it would seem, at least to you, to put you in some higher position as a motor vehicle operator. Retarded small victory. You would further insight some others to join in your little dick highway ride. Nothing but a bragadosious A hole on the road. Keep your so called trained ass on the track. You, like thousands of others just dont have what it takes to participate among other operators because no 2 are alike and noone other fits your Ken Block mold. The sooner you pile your shit into a concrete divider and lose your professional ability to be a rode dick, the sooner the general public get to operate a bit safer. You've posted the stupidist thing I have ever read in Sig Forum, hot rod.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post