SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Unexpected medical expenses.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unexpected medical expenses. Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Holy smokes! $15K in two months? Buddy, you must be under some tremendous stress. I think you need to deal with that. I know sometimes you can't do anything about it either.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 16259 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless you treat the cause of the stress the problem is likely to recur. Ask your cousin about biofeeback to treat the grinding. You might also look into stress reduction techniques.

Posts: 9938 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Stress is from being advanced too fast at my job, not sure I would want to undo that. Just take me another 3-4 months to get caught up to things.

I can't complain too much, I got two spot bonuses this past week, a crap ton of attaboys, was told I had one of the best reviews on campus, and that I would be getting a promotion. So I'll take the good with the bad.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 17817 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming those spot bonuses were less than $15k?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Scotch: Neat.

Posts: 9029 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stress does have something to do with bruxism. However it is a habit such as biting your nails, pulling out your hair etc. There are methods to change habits.

Posts: 9938 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post