SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Joe Pesci Was Correct About The Drive-Through.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Pesci Was Correct About The Drive-Through. Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
I have given up on the drive-through. I now go inside, hoping, but no, that doesn't work either.

Last week, neither my wife nor I felt like preparing dinner, so I stopped on the way home to grab a couple of burgers. No onion on hers, extra onion on mine, and NO LETTUCE ON EITHER ONE!

Cost should have been $4.39 each, plus tax, less senior discount, maybe somewhere around $8.50 to $9.00 total. The kid fumbled with the register and asked for sixteen and change. "That's not right," I told him.

He fumbled some more and asked for fourteen and change. "Still not right," I said.

The manager stepped up and rang it correctly, I paid, took the bag, and left. Got home, found extra lettuce on both.

Stopped in the next day, spoke with the manager, she remembered the incident, apologized for the lettuce, and offered a replacement order (a day late, but OK). This time, I unwrapped the burgers at the counter, called the manager over and showed her, once again, extra lettuce on burgers that had been ordered with no lettuce.
Today on my way home from the range I stopped at a fried chicken place -- Maryland Fried Chicken. Broasted, actually, and very good. Got home and found that the order was totally wrong. Not even from the same end of the chicken. What is so damned hard about this stuff?

I am hearing impaired, so phone calls go through Florida's Relay Service. Restaurant counter woman remembered my order, told me to come in and they would replace it or refund, my choice. I told her that I was not going to drive twenty minutes each way and burn my gas to get their error corrected, unless they were willing to compensate me for my time and fuel. A bit hard-nosed, but the same restaurant has given me incorrect carry-out orders in the past.

I suggested that they deliver the correct order to my home. Nope, they're not gonna do that, I should come in.

OK, just look it up in your computer -- here's the order number from the receipt -- and issue the refund to my credit card.

Nope, they're not gonna do that. I have to go back to the restaurant. Well, seeing as how y'all have a history of filling orders incorrectly, I'm not going to do that. i can dispute the credit card charge right from my easy chair, thanks to the wonders of the internet.

Aggravating! Close to 50% of the take-out orders within the last few months have been wrong.

V-Tail's New Commandment: Thou shalt not leave the restaurant without opening and checking the order.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am laughing histerically because it's so true. Just last week I ordered a Chicken ceaser wrap from pollo tropical and get 1/8th mile from the drive through and it's a chicken quesadilla wrap.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have found our local Chick-fil-a always gets the drive thru order correct.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I won't eat at any place that has a drive through.

Personally, I like to take my time and enjoy my meals. Food is one of life's pleasures, IMO.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
I have found our local Chick-fil-a always gets the drive thru order correct.
Not open on Sunday.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Around here you have to take everything out of the bag and actually open it to see if it's right. Could be a bun with nothing on it, seriously, probably has the wrong condiments, etc.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
At fast food joints around here, there may be pimply faced teenagers at the counter but the kitchen is generally 20-50 year old Spanish speaking adults. No use special ordering as the people reading the ticket likely don't read English.

Chick-fil-a is the exception to that rule.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
At fast food joints around here, there may be pimply faced teenagers at the counter but the kitchen is generally 20-50 year old Spanish speaking adults. No use special ordering as the people reading the ticket likely don't read English.

Chick-fil-a is the exception to that rule.

Big Grin too true, Panera being the other exception. Only had 1 order wrong since the local one opened (it's a favorite of my wife's).

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I used to want to grab my bag and drive off because i did not want to hold up the cars behind me.

Then i ordered a 4 pc chicken dinner at a popeyes and when i got home the 4 pieces were 4 wings.

Now i will sit at the window and go through every item to make sure it is correct. If it is not correct it goes right to the manager.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Could be a bun with nothing on it, seriously, probably has the wrong condiments, etc.

Went through a whataburger drive through once with my cousin. He ordered a double cheeseburger with ketchup only, we get to my house to eat and he literally has a bun with only ketchup. Wish I could have gotten a picture of his face as he look in shock to his ketchup sandwich.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I order hamburgers ketchup only.
Hardly ever get it right anywhere.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I used to want to grab my bag and drive off because i did not want to hold up the cars behind me.
Now i will sit at the window and go through every item to make sure it is correct. If it is not correct it goes right to the manager.

+1

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i was just talking to my mom about this.
This is the reason me and the other half hardly eats out. That and half the time we do, either one of us is not happy with the meal.

Case in point:
On Labor Day, I had to stay in town and not go to WV for an interview because one of the other sh**tbrick investigators decides to call in.

Since I am rarely home lets eat out somewhere we have always wanted to and watch the ball game.

As of next week I will have lived in NC for a year, and all that time I have heard about this Burrito place on Duke Campus. So we decided to give it a try and she drove to order and pick it up. Just like everyone else on this board, it was so wrong it was almost right.

It sucked to.
I could have grabbed a tortilla from the dollar store and then hit Wally World for $1 banquet tv dinner and it would have been better.

I really don't care about me (An MRE would have been fine with me), but she was really looking forward to it because we have not been able to sit and have dinner at the table in about a year because of my work. That is what pisses me off

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
For some reason with drive-through's, when you say "no of XYZ" they hear "extra of XYZ" and I don't understand why.

I've stopped stating "cream, and NO SUGAR" on my McDonald's iced coffee order. I simply now say "just cream" and the incidences of getting extra sugar in it have gone way down.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Judge Smails' line applies to drive-thrus as well:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuNJq_wI1ns

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The two places I can count on to not fuck it up are:

Chik Fil A - Because they're awesome

Culvers - Because I know go there if my daughter is working and she fears my wrath when I am hangry

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Like you, I don't want lettuce on my burger nor do I want tomato. In my little mind, it is easier to order the works and peel off the surplus.

and.....I never ever go through a drive-up.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of losvaqueros
posted Hide Post
And I thought my life sucked

Posts: 1813 | Location: Mid Tenn | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Rule #1: Don't eat fast food.

Rule #2: If you do choose to eat fast food, don't go through the drive-through, and just order straight off the menu with no alterations.

Rule #3: If you ignore any or all parts of Rule #2 and get screwed, see Rule #1. Big Grin

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Rogue's Rule # 1 is usually a good one. However, when my wife and I have both worked a long day, sometimes it's just easier to grab something on the way home, rather than preparing a meal.

Rule # 2, yeah, but my wife does not tolerate onion on her burger, and both of us have had bad reactions to lettuce.

Rule # 3, hmmm . . . They accept my money and they claim that they prepare everything to order.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים