SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Is Fedex scared of Ring doorbells?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Fedex scared of Ring doorbells? Login/Join 
posted
I get quite a few packages delivered to my house that need signatures so I bought a ring doorbell so I can get notification on my phone if I'm outside, in the garage, in the back rooms, etc. All the other shipping companies seem to be able to ring the bell including Fedex Air, but Fedex ground has a hard time with it. I call Fedex and ask their customer service, but all they can tell me to do is slap a sign on the door that says ring the doorbell. I don't really want a sign on my door that says "hey idiot fedex ground guy ring the bell."

Just seems like you would always ring the doorbell everywhere. I understand people are lazy, but getting rid of that package actually helps them be lazier because they don't have to come back again for the same package tomorrow.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had quite few deliveries from UPS, FedEx and USPS that were dropped off with no knock rendered. The USPS is the worst offender.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
With FedEx and UPS... I always make sure I sign up for text alerts so I can keep up on where the package is at any given time as well as delivery...

I’m also enrolled in USPS Smart Delivery that sends me a text with pictures of that day’s mail and list of packages (no pictures of packages)...plus I receive a text the instant the carrier scans the package that tells me where it was left (mailbox or front porch)...

If Smart Delivery is available in your area I would sign up for the service...it’s one of the best things I’ve done Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very rarely deal with FEDEX. Amazon is absolutely worthless.

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually don’t mind if I happen to miss a usps package because the post office is right around the corner and since they only deliver one time, unless you request a redelivery, I can just swing by and grab it. My problem with fedex ground is their hub is across town and they are available at night for pickups, but apparently they allow the driver in my area to bring back his packages in the morning (when they are closed to the public) instead of returning at night like all the other fedex drivers. So if he shows up 3 times and never rings the doorbell sometimes it’s a week before I’m able to just go get my package.

I’m just ranting. I know all the shipping companies have had MULTIPLE rants in this section, but I wanted to add one of my own. It is what it is

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:

What’s wrong with amazon? I’ve never had any issues with them, but nothing really requires signatures so they just drop and run which I’m ok with

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Anything I order from Amazon comes UPS. Never had FEDEX deliver from them.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
When Amazon delivers to my house, they NEVER knock or ring the doorbell. So far nothing has been stolen.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Anything I order from Amazon comes UPS. Never had FEDEX deliver from them.

Depends on where you live, I guess. Around the Seattle area, they've been using their own vans and drivers for deliveries for some time now. When it's extra busy around the holiday season, they even rent big vans to handle the excess. They also always either knock or ring the doorbell. One small benefit of being close to the mothership, I guess.

Posts: 17056 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Both UPS and FedEx will drop off a package and then knock on the door, which I don't have a problem with.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only time any delivery person rings my doorbell is when I am napping. I now have anything that requires a signature delivered at work.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
We have a plain old wireless doorbell. It gets rung on a delivery maybe one in ten times.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Our FedEx guy presses the Ring button, UPS never, occasionally the USPS guy, I have it setup to detect motion so I get a notice each time.

Just make sure you select a shipping option that isn't FedEx, tell the seller you have problems with them in your area, they most likely have options to ship with the other carriers.

Posts: 23241 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:

What’s wrong with amazon? I’ve never had any issues with them, but nothing really requires signatures so they just drop and run which I’m ok with

See comment by GaryBF.

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I stated in a previous thread that I don't knock unless I need a signature. In those cases where I need a signature, I always knock a couple of times, then start filling out the "sorry we missed you" card at the door. Sometimes, that's long enough for the people inside to crawl out of bed and get to the door, even though it's fucking 11am.

Just the other day, I had a package that required a signature. I walked up to the door, saw the person through the windows next to the front door watching TV. I knocked and got no response. I cop-knocked and still got no response. Eh, fuck it. You must not want this package. Left a notice and drove off.

quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I now have anything that requires a signature delivered at work.

I wish more people did this.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

Sometimes, that's long enough for the people inside to crawl out of bed and get to the door, even though it's fucking 11am.
Ever hear of anybody who works a fucking night shift?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a door bell and my front door is Hurricane impact rated fiberglass door. I cannot tell you how many idiots knock on the door (which you cannot hear inside the house) and stand there and never press the doorbell (the dog alerts me when someone is at the front door). I would say half, a lot of people's door bells don't work I guess, IDK. Luckily most of those idiot's are trying to sell something, so I don't bother answering it. LOL

The fedex and UPS guys here knock on the door or ring the door bell and instantly sprint to the truck and take off it seems.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Sometimes, that's long enough for the people inside to crawl out of bed and get to the door, even though it's fucking 11am.

Don't fucking order shit that requires a signature, then.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
For those with the Ring. Why not set the motion activation? That way, when they walk in front, you are notified.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14005 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Don't fucking order shit that requires a signature, then.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post