SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ralph Northam is taking out his guilt by erasing history
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ralph Northam is taking out his guilt by erasing history Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
He can't erase his blackface picture in his yearbook but he can take down a memorial arch. This clown is disgusting.

https://www.wavy.com/news/loca...rt-monroe/1939195349

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Northam's a jerk.

Straight from "neither of the people in that picture is me" to "gotta overcompensate to make up for this."

Jerk.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
He's sucking up to the ones that voted him in which is SOP for his party.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Why not just re-dedicate it? I can understand wanting to remove Jefferson Davis' name, I may not agree with it, but I can understand it. If the arch has no significant tie to Jefferson Davis other than having his name on it, why not move his name to a historical plaque and rename it to whomever, or Freedom Park, or something? No need to demolish an arch that's been in the community for 60+ years.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Good idea Coonman Roll Eyes

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see VMI (his alma mater) tell him they would like their diploma back.

Posts: 816 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
The black-hating, baby butcher is at it again, now in my neck of the woods. Nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt at covering up his extreme racism.

The JD Memorial Arch is in the Fort proper, not on the outside land that was conveyed to the city of Hampton. The fort walls and interior fort is a National Historical Park run by the US Park Service and I don't frankly see how the mismanagers on the Fort Monroe Commission have any authority to remove the arch.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
Why not just re-dedicate it? I can understand wanting to remove Jefferson Davis' name, I may not agree with it, but I can understand it. If the arch has no significant tie to Jefferson Davis other than having his name on it, why not move his name to a historical plaque and rename it to whomever, or Freedom Park, or something? No need to demolish an arch that's been in the community for 60+ years.

Jefferson Davis was imprisoned in the cells that are found just below the arch. There are definite ties.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I've learned a lot about Jefferson Davis this morning.

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Jefferson-Davis

quote:
from wavy.com:

Northam's office sent a letter to a member of the Fort Monroe Authority Board of Trustees Thursday calling for the removal of the Jefferson Davis Memorial Arch.

In the letter, Northam says it's critical to address the issue before a series of events in August concerning the 400th commemoration of the arrival of the first enslaved Africans.

I don't think I understand what effect removing the arch would have on the commemoration, though.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Anthony Johnson ( b. c. 1600 – d. 1670) was a black Angolan who achieved freedom in the early 17th-century Colony of Virginia after serving his term of indenture. He was one of the first Negro property owners and had his right to legally own a slave recognized by the Virginia courts.

Is it not about time to get over this racist BS? But then the democraPs would have nothing to stir up the resentment and hatred against the white "establishment".

https://www.google.com/search?...KEAk&biw=793&bih=369

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:

Jefferson Davis was imprisoned in the cells that are found just below the arch. There are definite ties.

I did a quick read, I saw that mentioned. I'm talking about the arch, specifically. It wasn't erected until the 1950's or 1960's (I can't recall at this moment). It's not like Jefferson Davis hung slaves from the arch 150 years ago.

Instead of spending a ton of cash to remodel a historical site why don't they just pull the letters off the arch? You can't erase history, but they could spend $5,000 on some new letters and a crane rental and solve this in an afternoon without pissing off everyone. Put a plaque at the base that explains the arch, who it was originally dedicated to, the decision to rename it, the re-dedication details, and be done.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So I guess I do not understand why anything needs renamed.

Stupid ramblings of a stupid bigot and requires no follow up.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
He’s just a whore looking to notch up a couple of “See I’m not racist” notches in his belt for the Leftists.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The good news is that he is toast politically. The mystery to most of us is how such a dumb bastard made it through medical school.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Our state is SO fucked. Frown

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The news today is that he vetoed a bi-partisan bill having to do with minimum sentencing guidelines because according to him, it unfairly targeted blacks.
This mea culpa tour of his is becoming increasingly more nauseating. What's interesting to me is that most medical school graduating classes have between 50 and 100 graduates. With that many people in his class, somebody has got to remember the party and who the guy in blackface is. Who ever that somebody is apparently isn't talking.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
One of the latest polls shows he is more popular with blacks than he is with whites. Go figure!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's damaged goods. I doubt he will have his party's backing for any post in the future.