SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What is With The Drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is With The Drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A Login/Join 
posted
Where I live, they seem to constantly be enlarging or redesigning the drive-thru line at Chick-Fil-A. Go by there at lunchtime and it's a mad house. Cars are three abreast and 15 cars deep, spilling out on to the street and blocking traffic. I've eaten there inside a few times. The food is OK and the service is good but my god, at the end of the day, it's a damned chicken sandwich!
I wouldn't sit in one of those drive-thru lines if the food were free, particularly, when I could park my car, go inside and have my food in 5 minutes or less. Reminds me a bit of the people, who'll sit in the gas line at Costco for 15 minutes with the engine running, to save five cents a gallon on gas.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ours is a covered 2-lane job. It gets fairly stacked up at times, but with 2 order takers, followed by a confirmation person, by the time you get to the window, they just hand you the food & you drive away.

Can't recall it ever really taking very long, even with the line nearly overflowing into the street.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15287 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
They're efficient for sure. Personally, I look at it and think they could do the same thing with about half as many staff, but it seems to work for them.

Just imagine what those lines would look like if they brought back their cole slaw!

(Gotta luv you some hate chicken.)

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Ours is a covered two lane affair as well. They have 2 order takers with credit card machines on the end of four foot 2"x 2"s to stick into your car. They also have two of what I would call "marshals" for vehicle direction, and a girl half way down the line for cash collection. It has to be the most well orchestrated drive-thru I have ever seen anywhere, anytime. I don't think I have ever sat in it for longer than 3 minutes.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
The Chick fil a is the only drive thru I will use, they are quick, efficient and rarely get the order wrong. I think I will go today, get a cobb salad with grilled nuggets and a side of 6 grilled nuggets, I'm on a fat boy diet ya know

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
They're efficient for sure. Personally, I look at it and think they could do the same thing with about half as many staff, but it seems to work for them.

Just imagine what those lines would look like if they brought back their cole slaw!

-Rob

I used to work around APL and the Chick-Fil-A across the street is the best. I think it's still considered AA county down around there?

Stopped there yesterday since I was in the area - 20 cars in line and I was out of there in less than 10 min. Incredible service.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:

-Rob

??

You mean Jesus chicken.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that is Howard County. I used to work at APL, and I agree that Chick Fil A is great. Never had a bad experience there

quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
quote:

-Rob

I used to work around APL and the Chick-Fil-A across the street is the best. I think it's still considered AA county down around there?

Stopped there yesterday since I was in the area - 20 cars in line and I was out of there in less than 10 min. Incredible service.

Posts: 430 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spike86:
I think that is Howard County. I used to work at APL, and I agree that Chick Fil A is great. Never had a bad experience there

quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
quote:

-Rob

Spike is correct. APL is in the Howard County part of Laurel.

Ruger - 'hate chicken' is a sarcastic dig at the LGBTQXYZ+ crowd. I love Jesus and Chick-Fil-A.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:

-Rob

First t hey killed the cole slaw, then they killed the chicken salad sandwich.
Keep having to change my order when we occasionally go to CFA...

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15287 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Even if they are backed out into the street - it wouldn't take more than 5 minutes to go through the line. They are FAST.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
The food is OK

WTH you talking 'bout Willis!?

quote:
it wouldn't take more than 5 minutes to go through the line. They are FAST.

Agreed. Entirely full lot still faster than three cars at a Wendy's it seems.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I was surprised today to find a local Chick-fil-a had a 3rd line working. I'm not sure but I think that it's encroached onto parking to the empty business next door.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
We have 2 drive through lines and 1 curbside pickup line. No dine-in due to China Virus.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Have a one local to us. The food Not really my cup of tea but the wife likes it. Seems like two rows lined up and backed up into the street and blocking travel lanes . But I have to give them a double thumbs up for the way they properly display our flag every day as well as half-staff when other business don"t. but also they have a proper "Table of Rememberance' for our fallen militatry personel around Veterans Day. ........................drill sgt.

Posts: 2001 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Went though ours today. Two lines wrapped entirely around the building. 8 minutes from pulling in to pulling out with food. And the order was CORRECT!

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Lucky for me, there are a few of them close by without the awnings over the lanes. Kinda makes it easier when I'm driving a Kenworth.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
It’s the only drive thru I can use in a marked unit and be reasonably sure nothing was added to the usual recipe.

Popeyes’ chicken sandwich is better but no way I’d go near there in uniform.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Our cfa rewards in uniform patrons.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Went to one in Whintah Phaark interesting, double lane around the building twice, and parking for advance order pickup.

I no longer sit in the lines, open up the app, select my normal order, Spicey Chicken De-Luxe and a iced tea, bam order sent and paid for, hit the lot, pick a space and click "I"m Here" takes about two minutes to have them bring it to me or I go in and hit the quick pickup line.

Get the app, it's worth every dime, you can still sit in line, but they'll have your order prepared before you get to the window..

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post