SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    We need a new motor vehicle law
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We need a new motor vehicle law Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Wow! Everybody pushing back against a suggestion for one little law.

Libertarians. Sheesh.

I know right? Like fuck me for not wanting to play another round of Just the Tip.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More technology in our cars. Every time I buy a new vehicle something new is added. I now have a back up camera and special mirrors on the side. NO CHOICE. Comes with the car.

When I was a little kid I remember my Dad who could be pretty direct and rude telling the Sales guy he did not want any of that new stuff as it was something else to go wrong. I have found for the most part that statement to be true.

I still have trouble with the annoying seat belt chime.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
I could support an ap that would not allow the screen to function while in motion.
I do not agree with full disabling of screen.

I do not have one of those fancy-schmancy new cars with a built-in GPS. I use my iPhone with Google Maps to get me where I'm going. That's actually safer than an in-dash GPS, as I can position the iPhone so that I don't have to move my eyes as much as I would with a built-in unit, to check for the next turn. Not as good as an expensive HUD (Heads Up Display), but way better than shifting vision away from the windshield to look at a unit in the dashboard radio position.

Same way I fly: I hold checklists, approach charts, whatever I need, up close to the windshield to minimize eye movement and head turning.
I've got a Garmin on the dash, as I agree about the TV in the dash taking your concentration off the road. I don't think of my phone as a GPS though I probably should.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
I am no less angry about distracted drivers. However...in my (and likely yours too) many years of driving we have always seen distracted drivers. Spilled sodas, dropped cigarettes, changing 8-tracks or cassettes, it does not seem to matter. Many are just not able to respect driving enough to chew gum at the same time. Can't fix this kind of stupid with an additional law.

I would not have a problem with people actually talking on their phones while driving. What drives me to distraction is the assholes with that damned smart phone stuck up in front of their face, reading or whatever. One of those assholes hit my truck when he changed lanes without signaling.

The asshole was still babbling on the damned phone when the LEOs arrived. They had to tell him to shut it off!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
The asshole was still babbling on the damned phone when the LEOs arrived. They had to tell him to shut it off!

You think that's bad? The nurses brought a patient back into the OR the other day who was still texting on her phone...in the OR.

I told her that she had exactly two seconds to hand over the phone or I would cancel her surgery. She was not happy. Neither was I.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Wow! Everybody pushing back against a suggestion for one little law.

Libertarians. Sheesh.

I know right? Like fuck me for not wanting to play another round of Just the Tip.

I really couldn't have said it better.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post