SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    End of an Era…..Knob Creek’s last year
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

End of an Era…..Knob Creek’s last year Login/Join 
Picture of m1009
posted
Just heard….that Knob Creek, the machine gun shoot held twice a year, is ending it after the October shoot this year. What a sad thing. Had so much fun when we were able to get away and just peruse the tables, get on the line, have fun. Gonna miss it.

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a shame, a terrible shame.

If you have not been, do yourself a favor and visit this show. It is absolutely amazing to watch. You can even participate, by renting a variety of machine guns.

Truly a shame.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Damn.

At least I got to go once.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Phew...for a minute there I thought this thread was about bourbon. Eek

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:

Same here. Lol

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any reason given??

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Gas up the trucks, boys, it's almost time for the Oklahoma Full Auto Shoot later this month.

Google Oklahoma Full Auto Shoot, as well as search on YouTube. Those boys have a LOT of fun, and people come from all over to attend and participate.

Here's a link to their website: Link to Oklahomafullauto.com

EDIT to add: Probably the most popular event there is the "kill the car" shoot. They load up an old car with explosives and roll it down the hill while everybody blasts away with everything they have and just flat out blow the shit out of it. Impressive!

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Link

Would love to see this...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
No reason yet, that I know of. Could be a number of things, as we can imagine. Been there a few times in the past, always a great fun time. Work schedule always prevented us from attending for quite some time, but always wanted to go back one day. Strange it’s not posted on their site yet.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks for the reply. I too noticed nothing on their site. The video suggested this would go on forever with different family members taking the helm.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
I just sent them a message….heard from another source that they had spoken to an employee there about it. So am asking for myself now.

Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Just heard back from Knob Creek…..they said yes, this is the last year. Getting tired, older, insurance, nobody wants to work anymore. So guess it’s true.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m1009:
Just heard back from Knob Creek…..they said yes, this is the last year. Getting tired, older, insurance, nobody wants to work anymore. So guess it’s true.

That would have been my guess but I can't imagine what that would cost. Eek

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rentprop1
posted Hide Post
quote:

before COVID hit, myself and others discussed a Knob Creek style shoot in central Florida in the winter months, we shopped it around to 2 facilities that could handle that kind of shooter/spectator type event ( gun show, multiple ranges and camping/parking ) and they both passed, citing insurance concerns and never get enough staff or RSOs to run an event that size.....

Posts: 22 | Location: West Central FL | Registered: May 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Just glad we were able to go a few times and enjoy it. Will be sad it won’t be there anymore.
Too far away for big sandy, as work and schedules don’t ever seem to coincide for us to get away for long enough to go that far out from home.
Got memories though.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:

Seriously.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Any reason given??

My WAG is that the cost and availability of large amount of ammo is what did this in. Already seeing indications people are rationing ammo and limiting range trips which has got to have a ripple effect on this industry.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sucks. Knob creek was on the bucket list.

That makes another bucket list item that I've outlived. It's not supposed to work that way. Kind of negates the whole concept of a bucket list.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:

It does get old when a few are doing all the work.
In my time shooting ISPC and IDPA, I always helped setup targets, tape/spray targets, run stages and clean up at the end of the match. You always have some that never do anything but shoot and leave.

In my early 20's, I bought a NIB Colt M16A1 Carbine for $800.00 + $200 tax stamp. It didn't take long for the novelty to wear off.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post