SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Flag at half staff
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flag at half staff Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Some years ago, I was at my local skeet and trap facility and noted that the flag was at half staff. When I inquired as to the reason, I was told that the conservative cabal ruling the board had ordered it, to mark the death of Margaret Thatcher. I replied, that I wasn't aware she was a skeet shooter.

Posts: 1352 | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen at least a half-dozen US flags at half-staff (govt and private-owned flagpoles)since McCain died and since “9-11”. Here it is three days after “9-11” and 2 weeks since McCain was buried, and they are still at half-staff. Either there are a bunch of lazy-ass individuals who don’t know flag protocol, or half-staffing the flag is a new version of “virtue signaling”. Confused

---------------------
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

Posts: 1468 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When Mom passed last month, Dad raised his flag to half staff. He told me, she was just as much as part of his Army career as he was, and she deserved it.

It seemed suitable to me.

--
No matter where you go, there you are

Posts: 1626 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post