SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Outlook.com issues
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outlook.com issues Login/Join 
posted
Don't know what happened but outlook.com email account won't take my password, instead they generated one a mile long, which won't work.

I have over 200 emailes stored somewhere in cyberspace.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Email is really such an easy thing to get right, but these providers, not just MS, somehow keep finding new ways to screw it up.

That's what I still run my own mail server on my own hardware on my own Internet connection.

TBH: Since retiring from an IT career three years ago, I really don't have a lot of interest in maintaining a server any more. I'd as soon be done with it and become an end-user. But the fact that I don't trust a single email provider on the planet not to screw up my email keeps me doing my own

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
They took a dump for me about 20 years back,I gave up trying to open my mail,went to g mail and never tried again.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I HATE Outlook. My company moved from Lotus Notes to Outlook a few years ago and I probably curse it daily since.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Modigy your subject line, please, to something which isn't vulgar. Surely you could have thought of a better subject line that that.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
TBH: Since retiring from an IT career three years ago, I really don't have a lot of interest in maintaining a server any more. I'd as soon be done with it and become an end-user. But the fact that I don't trust a single email provider on the planet not to screw up my email keeps me doing my own

OpenSRS (Tucows) is one of the prime domain registrars, and it costs money ($75 IIRC) to open an account, because their primary customer base is domain registration resellers. I have an account, but do not resell. I have my 4 domain names registered with them. They provide elementary but very reliable email service to account holders. Most of the features you would want, such as aliases. They are my email provider.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post