SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    White Claw / Truly "Hard" Seltzer
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

White Claw / Truly "Hard" Seltzer Login/Join 
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Same shit, different day. Just another in the long and ignominious line of alco-pop.

Bartles & James
Zima
Mikes Hard Lemonade
White Claw.

Hell, if you get right down to it, Medieval wenches were probably getting wasted on Sauternes, Port, and fermented Ciders.

Sweet bubbly hooch has been around for a LOOOONG time, and this is just the newest label on the same old crap. I don't mind some bubbly sweet water (in fact, I used to love Clearly Canadian), but throw the alcohol in there and it just tastes like shitty party punch to me.

Whatever. We sell the shit out of it at our golf course, and money is money. Folks want it; we will stock it. Doesn't matter if I like it or not!

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My wife tried one and handed it to me to try...blechh

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
We hosted a family get together over the weekend. All the millennials were drinking White Claw. There is some left, ain't trying any but they might explode nicely on the range when hit by the all powerful .45 ACP.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 715 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife loves that shit. And about 2.5 of them is the keys to the kingdom so...... Kind of a fan of them. lol

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
My wife loves that shit. And about 2.5 of them is the keys to the kingdom so...... Kind of a fan of them. lol

That is hilarious

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Hey Rev, ain't no laws when you're drinking claws, claw is the law.

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Why the hell does anyone care what I drink? I don't get this rant at all. You don't like it don't drink it. I like to drink and there are tons of great beers out there. But I switched to vodka/soda to cut the calories. Same as hard seltzer.

But yeah, this rant, weird. It doesn't affect the op at all.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:

I thought a rant was just that, a rant. Things that I find annoying, not the collective.

As far as being affected goes, it's super annoying to stand behind a cackle of millenial hens at the liquor store in Martha's Vineyard while they each pay by debit card for their own personal claw 12 pack. Totally incapable of having one person buy it all and settle up later. Also, hearing dumbass pop-country songs touting the benefits of "The Claw" gets old fast. Not to mention the utter disgust by guests at a very nice party you are hosting when they find out you don't have their current flavor du jour of "The Claw".

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
This guy nails what the OP is talking about LOL. Big Grin

NSFW for language.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
quote:

I thought a rant was just that, a rant. Things that I find annoying, not the collective.

As far as being affected goes, it's super annoying to stand behind a cackle of millenial hens at the liquor store in Martha's Vineyard while they each pay by debit card for their own personal claw 12 pack. Totally incapable of having one person buy it all and settle up later. Also, hearing dumbass pop-country songs touting the benefits of "The Claw" gets old fast. Not to mention the utter disgust by guests at a very nice party you are hosting when they find out you don't have their current flavor du jour of "The Claw".

First world problems and all that

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
And the snowflakes go crazy, they can't find a popular, crappy, snowflake drink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of it before looking at this thread. I guess that means I can do without it. It's not as if there's a couple of thousand other beverage choices out there. {shrug}

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I've never heard of it before looking at this thread. I guess that means I can do without it. It's not as if there's a couple of thousand other beverage choices out there. {shrug}

My forecast; it'll be a memory before the shortest day of the year.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
quote:

Okay guests whining about not having their flavor and annoying country songs, good for a rant. People paying for their own shit, I gotta disagree. No different if they are all buying racks of good beer. Who on earth would pay for everyone’s and then try to figure out change and credit cards later. I hate waiting in long lines as much as anyone. But if 5 people are there before me I don’t really have a valid bitch just because one doesn’t pay for everyone else.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in line at the grocery store yesterday after the Bucks game.
Guy in front of me has a pack of White Claw. All dressed up in suit pants, dress shirt and a tie. I was laughing and I do mean I was laughing.
He got carded which made me laugh more. Ya, I'm that asshole sometimes.
I puy my filet mignon, 6 pack of Voodoo Ranger Jucifer (try it, it's really good) and rosemary on the belt. Still laughing.
I'll have a good beer over that crap any day.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's not necessary for something to involve you directly in order for you to feel the need to vent about it. The silly behavior surrounding this beverage covers a whole lot of ground in the current shameful state of American culture. Nothing wrong with pointing that out.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Apparently there is a shortage nationwide now. I tried a sip of my mother in laws. It tastes like radio static. The good news is she didn’t like it either.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's not necessary for something to involve you directly in order for you to feel the need to vent about it. The silly behavior surrounding this beverage covers a whole lot of ground in the current shameful state of American culture. Nothing wrong with pointing that out.

Fair enough. I guess I didn’t realize all the craziness over this drink. I realized this weekend when I read about a shortage of it. I wouldn’t bitch about what someone drinks but if they are gonna be all crazy about it I guess I get it

These go to eleven.

posted Hide Post
How hard is it to buy seltzer and a bottle of vodka and make a boatload of “hard” seltzer’s?

Forgive me if it isn’t vodka. I can’t drink seltzer so I don’t really know what the alcohol is though. To me it’s like buying pre mixed jack and coke in a can. And then coming up with the most annoying advertising campaign ever to promote it. And, Americans buy into the nonsense hook line and sinker. Ugh

I’m not arguing with the wife though so I do have it in my fridge. Recently had a party and listened to the women talk about their favorite flavor. I miss Zima. Lol

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post