SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Liberalism Is A Mental Disease: I Give You USA Today's Reviewer Complaining About "Lack Of Women Or People Of Color" In Dunkirk Movie
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Liberalism Is A Mental Disease: I Give You USA Today's Reviewer Complaining About "Lack Of Women Or People Of Color" In Dunkirk Movie Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
What the everloving CRAP is wrong with liberals??? Eek

This is a HISTORICAL MOVIE for cripes sake! Yes, the British Army was ALL WHITE GUYS for the most part!

Dunkirk is a great movie but there aren’t enough “women” or “people of color” in it, according to a review in USA Today.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
They be crazy.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A mixed Asian and black gay couple maybe would have made it a better movie?

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Delusional belief would be more accurate, as your insulting the rest of the people with mental disorders who do not hold such beliefs.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last line of the article: "The guy from USA Today: he does know it’s history, right?"

I think we all know the answer. No, no he doesn't...

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
That's why every WWII movie has a baddass, super-hero, save-the-day, and the unit, mess sargeant. Wink

Not sure what they'd do for WWI. Perhaps an Indian or South African regiment, but they weren't on scene until 1915 or thereabout.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
What can you say in the face of such intense stupidity... this just sums up liberalism all at once

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
They be crazy.

Not to mention completely uneducated on any aspect of history other than the BLM bullshit

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzzleloader:
A mixed Asian and black gay couple maybe would have made it a better movie?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have gotten used to revisionist history.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The article links to the actual review. https://www.usatoday.com/story...e-fashion/482574001/ The offending line is buried, close to the end, in an otherwise glowing review. I had to look twice to find it.

quote:
The trio of timelines can be jarring as you figure out how they all fit, and the fact that there are only a couple of women and no lead actors of color may rub some the wrong way. Still, Nolan’s feat is undeniable: He’s made an immersive war movie that celebrates the good of mankind while also making it clear that no victory is without sacrifice.

I have a different interpretation. I think the writer is ridiculing the PC/diversity police. Still, it would be better if the line weren't in there.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is a HISTORICAL MOVIE for cripes sake! Yes, the British Army was ALL WHITE GUYS for the most part!

Dunkirk is a great movie but there aren’t enough “women” or “people of color” in it, according to a review in USA Today.

Also a civilized nation doesn't send its women to war.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:

Also a civilized nation doesn't send its women to war.

The Soviet Union did, and I think Israel does too. We do also to an extent. All quite civilized places.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Clearly the problem with our country is the lack of diversity in the founders.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:

Diversify Congress!
... Elect someone honest!

Posts: 2541 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
diseases sometimes have treatments or cures

liberalism is a mental defect and I don't think its curable

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
History be damned. Same with all the civil war statues being torn down,and the founding fathers being attacked for racism.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
History be damned. Same with all the civil war statues being torn down,and the founding fathers being attacked for racism.

"He who controls the Past controls the Future. He who controls the Present controls the Past." -- George Orwell

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:

Diversify Congress!
... Elect someone honest!

For the win!!!!!!!!!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
WHERE ARE THE MUSLIMS!? THE TRANSGENDERED?!

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post