SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I HATE Thieves
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I HATE Thieves Login/Join 
Picture of rexles
posted
Some one popped the door lock on the side door of my work van and stole my Dewalt 18V power tool kit. Sawzall, impact, and drill with a charger in a plastic case. Probably $75 worth of blades and drill bits in there too.
Must have been scared off as there were plenty of other tools right there they didn't bother.
Milwalkee hole hog, Milwalkee hammer drill, Dewalt 4" grinder Plus others.
I would love to catch someone doing that!
Problem is I never noticed it was missing until today and don't know for sure where it happened.
Well I have been wanting to upgrade to 20V anyway, but really didn't want to fork out the cash right now. I have $500 ded on tools so it will be out of pocket.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
This happened to one of our work vans years ago. Right in front of a medical building. People watched. Thought they were just moving tools to one of their vehicles to another.

We put these on the side and back door. Blocked the front from the back so if you got in the front you couldn't get in the back.

https://www.amazon.com/America...ywords=american+lock

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least it happened the very best time of the year to buy cordless tools. But it still sucks....fixing the door lock will be just as much as the tools.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
Well I ordered new Ridgid 18 brushless power tool from Home Depot online, shipped free to the house.
Also ordered and installed these for the van doors https://www.slicklocks.com/pro...p?combo_product_id=4
And these for the van windows https://www.realtruck.com/karg...-van-window-screens/
And I had to order a new a new door handle.
Total out of pocket expense $900 but I don't think anyone will be getting into my van doors again with out some real effort and calling attention to themselves.
Almost want to drive my van into the ghetto just to watch someone try to break in.
Take that you thieving ba$*!%&s.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post