SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Coming home from vacation late to find your furnace not working...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coming home from vacation late to find your furnace not working... Login/Join 
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted
Had a great time in London - got to spend a little over a week with my daughter who's been studying abroad since the end of February.

However, after 9 1/2 hours on the plane, got home late on Friday night and the house felt a lot cooler than it should have been. 54 degrees in the house. Spent the next 90 minutes diagnosing the issue (bearings going out on the combustion/inducer blower motor). I was able to breath a little life into it with some lithium grease. Start researching parts and thought I've give the local place a shot on Monday...

I was bracing myself to pay an additional 40% over what I could find online and would have gladly paid that to keep it local. They came back with a price that was 2 times what I could get it online and I'd have to drive to their distributor's warehouse myself to pick it up or I'd incur another hefty fee. Yes, I know they have overhead, but come on - they weren't even stocking the part on their shelf.

My new blower will be here tomorrow and I saved more than $120. I just need to go squirt a little more lube on it every 12 hours or so to keep it going.

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Stuff like that sucks. I came home after a weekend away a while back, stepped into the kitchen....splash, splash....
Fridge had quit. Sunday night, work early the next day...
Ugh.

Posts: 6298 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
These are reasons you need someone to look in on your place when you are gone.

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post