SIGforum
Coming home from vacation late to find your furnace not working...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/8260023044

April 10, 2018, 05:23 PM
ShouldBFishin
Coming home from vacation late to find your furnace not working...
Had a great time in London - got to spend a little over a week with my daughter who's been studying abroad since the end of February.

However, after 9 1/2 hours on the plane, got home late on Friday night and the house felt a lot cooler than it should have been. 54 degrees in the house. Spent the next 90 minutes diagnosing the issue (bearings going out on the combustion/inducer blower motor). I was able to breath a little life into it with some lithium grease. Start researching parts and thought I've give the local place a shot on Monday...

I was bracing myself to pay an additional 40% over what I could find online and would have gladly paid that to keep it local. They came back with a price that was 2 times what I could get it online and I'd have to drive to their distributor's warehouse myself to pick it up or I'd incur another hefty fee. Yes, I know they have overhead, but come on - they weren't even stocking the part on their shelf.

My new blower will be here tomorrow and I saved more than $120. I just need to go squirt a little more lube on it every 12 hours or so to keep it going.
April 10, 2018, 09:23 PM
hudr
Stuff like that sucks. I came home after a weekend away a while back, stepped into the kitchen....splash, splash....
Fridge had quit. Sunday night, work early the next day...
Ugh.
April 11, 2018, 07:48 AM
maxwayne
These are reasons you need someone to look in on your place when you are gone.