SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    .45 acp small primer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.45 acp small primer Login/Join 
posted
Whoever the idiot is who thought this was a good idea ought to have all the small primer cases rammed up his butt. I was loading up a batch today and one of the small primer cases slipped through, when I went to seat the primer... POP... scared the living crap out of me. Thank God the entire primer tube didn't get set off. I was loading on a Dillon 550, doesn't appear to have any damage but I will further inspect after I change my shorts.
Why would anyone think this was a good idea?

NRA Life Member

Posts: 240 | Location: Kiawah Island, SC | Registered: July 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Lighten up,only been a problem for 5/6 years.
Just learn to sort,throw small ones in separate cull pale.
Speer don't want you reloading anyway Cool

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Hey frogman, I know what ya mean. I found a case of the Blazer brass 45 on sale and as I was loading a mag with it, saw the small primers in the cases.
I hate that stuff. I take and shoot 200 rounds a time an collect it up so I don't get it mixed with my large primer 45 stuff.

I have 200 rounds left and need to figure out what to do with the 1000 rounds of empties!!!

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Holy shit! How hard do you seat your primers?

I get caught every so often and its easy to pull the case and toss it into a bucket until I have 100 and make a SPP run.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is one small advantage in not having to change primer feeds on progressive loaders when switching calibers.

Posts: 8957 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:

I get caught every so often and its easy to pull the case and toss it into a bucket until I have 100 and make a SPP run.

RMD

This. I am doing this right now in my reloading room.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:

RMD

not hard at all, I guess this one just caught the right way.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 240 | Location: Kiawah Island, SC | Registered: July 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thirty plus years of reloading here. I always use the Lee hand primer. Never had a primer go off like that.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post