SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The GHAYEST filmed military family reunion ever....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The GHAYEST filmed military family reunion ever.... Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
I know some of you guys hate these, but I'm a sucker for them when done right. Till today. Here forward, any and all filmed family military reunions can eat a bag of dicks. For douche-chills effect only, this may be worth skimming thru....

The dopey woman cries like the dude has been deployed in Afghanistan for the past 2 years....so does he for that matter....he's still in bootcamp.
My fantasy is that there is a very irritated Drill Instructor off to the side chomping at the bit to make this dude "pay"....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I commend that young man for joining the Army but don't think I would of done that while I was in Basic Training.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised that is allowed during Basic Training.

When they presented the check to the wife, my evil side thought; now's she's gonna write the
Dear John letter, and file the paperwork! Big Grin

And yes, that was a bit much for a 2 month separation (IMO).

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
If they're acting like that at 2 months, that relationship isn't going to last "if" he deploys. I say "if" because he and/or she will do everything to ensure he doesn't deploy.

Longest I went without seeing my wife was 9 consecutive months. 12 month deployments, you get 2 weeks of R&R but no R&R for the 9 month deployments.

When my wife and I hear about couples having a difficult time after being apart for a few weeks, we laugh.

Posts: 13050 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgtshuter:
When they presented the check to the wife, my evil side thought; now's she's gonna write the
Dear John letter, and file the paperwork! Big Grin

Something like that is enough to make a guy kill himself. Had a kid who did that when I went through basic at Benning in early 2009. Killed himself at the M16 range.

Posts: 13050 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, all the wankers who get to leave deployment for the birth of their kids.

Pansies, the lot of them.

Then try it without email / snapchat / Facespace, with maybe a phone call every couple of weeks.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Jesus Wept.

Between October of 1985 and April of 1988, I saw my wife for a total of 33 days.

Family problems required her to return to Maine while I was in Charleston, got 30 days PCS leave and then spent 16 months in Iceland unaccompanied. Came back stateside for a CMS (Classified Material System) school in Rhode Island and managed a weekend at home before heading back to Iceland.

No internet, one phone call a month.

Amazing we didn't both commit suicide... [/sarcasm]

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I can't bear that. That little kid has a bright future in soap opera.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There should be a warning at the beginning of that video for people with diabetes.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
That video made me puke.

$25,000 and she stared singing:

Dear John, oh how I hate to write, dear John I must let you know tonight
That my love for you has died away like grass upon the lawn
(Skeeter Davis)

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
That's some insane shit. That would not have passed when I went through Boot Camp. Then again it was the USMC Boot not this co-ed Army BS.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
During Desert Storm, while aboard the USS Ranger, we laughed at how stateside women cried because hubby had been gone a long and tumultuous four weeks and were not expected home for at least another four.

We were already two months at sea and at least another four months to go.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't these shows 1099 your ass immediately after generously giving you something? I think at 12 people would watch E.D.if she stopped giving away stuff.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eclayton
posted Hide Post
When I went to Iraq for the invasion in 2003, we had one satellite phone in the battalion. Each Marine rated one satphone call home for the deployment. Time slots were given out to junior enlisted first, up the ranks to the officers. As far as I could tell, among the officers the final few slots were allocated according to whoever was closest to the headquarters and had easiest access to the phone. In any case, I got one of the shittiest time slots available, a weekday at about 11am back home. I made the call knowing my wife would be at work, left a message on the answering machine, then went back to my platoon and spoke to her next from aboard ship on the way home about four months later. I thought about the British guys who went to North Africa in 1940 and didn't come home again until 1945 and I didn't feel so bad.

Of course we did end up divorced a few years later.

Kids in the ranks today get anxious when they go to the field for a week without their phones and can't access their social media accounts.

Posts: 312 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I did a total of 11 years active duty, army, spent more than 9 years of that watching the E/W German border. Had been in Germany for about 2 years when I got married.

I was in commo and spent a LOT of time sitting on hilltops doing relay duty.

Did a year in Iran, alone, then back to Germany for another 4 years.

One time I figured out how much time I actually spent with my family, not counting the time in Iran. Of my 9 years in Germany I spent about 65% of my time away from my family.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My ex-fiance left me because of communication issues during her deployment to GITMO. (Yeah, I know...)

Screwed me up badly enough that I pretty much cut everyone out of my life entirely when I went on my own deployment to HOA. Made the deployment itself easier, but when I was hurt and sent to Ft. Belvoir...not so much. Three months without seeing a soul aside from my docs...and then once I was released, I got to stand there, hidden away while my company got a huge "welcome home" from friends, family, and the rest of the battalion.

So I get it. It's rough.

But you know what, you signed up for it. It's what the job entails. Sure I'm a bit bitter about my whole experience, but I still re-upped for at least another 5, and I hit my first 8 years next week.

I haven't gone on so much as a single date since that fiasco (going on 3.5 years now), but I can't really picture having a family anymore at this point either.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post