SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Will you rate this purchase?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will you rate this purchase? Login/Join 
Picture of BrianC
posted
It seems like you can't buy a loaf of bread without the seller asking you to rate your purchase/experience. I went to Home Depot and bought a fire extinguisher for the house. I get an e-mail saying "Did this product meet your expectations?". It's a FIRE EXTINGUISHER! I hope I never have to use it! Oy!

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
It's not just purchases but services as well. Rate your medical services provider for example. Gesh1 Frown Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16141 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ones I can't stand are the ones that are auto-generated as soon as you place an order online and before they even ship you the product.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianC:
It seems like you can't buy a loaf of bread without the seller asking you to rate your purchase/experience. I went to Home Depot and bought a fire extinguisher for the house. I get an e-mail saying "Did this product meet your expectations?". It's a FIRE EXTINGUISHER! I hope I never have to use it! Oy!

Send a pic of a home fully involved in flames and then say it felt slightly short

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Nope.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
One star. Comment: "Your unsolicited email begging for a rating is a royal pain in the ass."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30537 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
I have a Subaru, always serviced at the dealership for the past five year. Took it in for the latest oil change, and have received three survey requests; I guess local, regional and national. The first one took longer to fill out than the service did.

When the second and third showed up, I said screw that. I have been getting reminders that my survey is expiring for two weeks.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
quote:

Send a pic of a home fully involved in flames and then say it felt slightly short

Love it!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3757 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
For a time I was reviewing every time I was asked. They accept and print my reviews no matter how silly.

I'm Mark B. In this one: https://m.lowes.com/pd/AKASHA-...River-Rocks/50190963

quote:
"Not only do they rock, they are rocks!"
Review Rating 5 Stars Reviewed on 10/12/2014
Recommended
These rocks work exactly as expected. They act like rocks and look like rocks. These rocks have changed my life. Thank you rocks!

MarkB

VERIFIED PURCHASER
Was this review helpful?
YES (325) NO (48)

Posts: 45324 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
For a time I was reviewing every time I was asked. They accept and print my reviews no matter how silly.

I'm Mark B. In this one: https://m.lowes.com/pd/AKASHA-...River-Rocks/50190963

quote:
"Not only do they rock, they are rocks!"
Review Rating 5 Stars Reviewed on 10/12/2014
Recommended
These rocks work exactly as expected. They act like rocks and look like rocks. These rocks have changed my life. Thank you rocks!

MarkB

VERIFIED PURCHASER
Was this review helpful?
YES (325) NO (48)

The review right above yours is great as well.

Its for a fairy garden, and have not had any bad comments from the fairies or trolls.. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6365 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
I just got one from my dentist. Who's going to say negative things about someone who can pull a "Marathon Man" on you?

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like dlc444, I am tasked with reviewing the oil change I received at my Chevy dealer.
Ummmm.... Its an oil change, not a space shuttle mission. So it was wonderful, I guess.
Oh... The popcorn in the waiting area had no butter available.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15995 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just got one from my dentist. Who's going to say negative things about someone who can pull a "Marathon Man" on you?

Make suggestions that are helpful. You know like get a HOT dental assistant. You will be remembered.

Posts: 17168 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:

I got a review from my dentist. He's a "yuge" WVU fan, and I put a Hokie Bird static cling on the back window of his Jeep. Big Grin

He texted me the next day, saying he'd reviewed my X-rays again and thinks I may need a root canal. Razz

(Disclaimer: I've known him for a VERY long time and we pick at each other routinely.)

- - -

Excellent rock review, Mark!

God bless America.

Posts: 13412 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I did a pre-order for a knife and was not amused when I got an email from the store asking me to rate my experience.... Roll Eyes, I haven't even received the knife.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Meh, why worry?
They only want you to market more ...whatever.
Don't take it personally, it's only business.
Just ignore and get on with your life.

Posts: 22850 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Meh, why worry?
They only want you to market more ...whatever.
Don't take it personally, it's only business.
Just ignore and get on with your life.

I would not worry. It is poor business practice that is all.

Posts: 17168 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t mind the review us emails from services like internet installer, appliance delivery person, tow truck driver, etc... I know these surveys can help the bosses know how things are going because they can’t always be there to check up on their drivers in the field, but for products it’s a little silly to blast your email asking how a fire extinguisher is working.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Like dlc444, I am tasked with reviewing the oil change I received at my Chevy dealer.
Ummmm.... Its an oil change, not a space shuttle mission. So it was wonderful, I guess.
Oh... The popcorn in the waiting area had no butter available.

Unfortunately at least in many car dealerships the reviews are factored in the tech and the service advisors pay plans. Anything less than a 5 on a 1-5 or a 10 on a 1-10 usually gets somebody's check dinged.

The CSI program as GM originally implemented it was a useful tool for dealership and personnel growth but has been bastardized into a bullshit fest. When I have overheard advisors telling customers "Bring your survey in and I'll help you fill it out", "Just answer all at the highest rating" you know it's not an accurate gauge for improvement.

Or when the question "Overall, how satisified with your service?" and give it a low mark as a result of being out of coffee in the lounge, the car wash being broken, things beyond the control of the tech or the advisor, these can be used against dealership personnel.

The second to the last dealership I worked for was a lot more fair when dealing with CSI performance money from GM. He shared it with his complete dealership crew from the janitor to the top level. He felt that we all were part of making CSI high or low so if he got the bonus from the factory we should also share in it.

Last dealer I worked for, let's just say did not share the philosophy.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8065 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post