SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Don't yell at your mom
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't yell at your mom Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Tonight we were called to a disabled motorist. A good samaritan had stopped before we arrived and told us the battery was dead. We pulled our jump box out in hopes of staring the car to move it out of the major exit street of a local shopping venue.

A college graduate driver was in the car yelling at her mom. Demanding she come to rescue her. In opening the hood I saw battery terminal corrosion. I loosened and moved the cable end, but that didn't help. The jump box started the car but once removed the car died. Clearly something major was amiss. I looked over at the alternator and saw the pulley. No belt, just the pulley. Wow. The belt was disintegrated and the young lady had driven on the battery. Until it died.

We jumped the car again and had her reverse the car so it could move far enough away for a wrecker to grab it. She didn't know how to call a wrecker so we suggested that she ask a friend to come get her at the nearby Arby's and we would call a wrecker. In a few minutes she came to our unit and said her mom had called a wrecker. Didn't we just say that we would call the wrecker?

So, we cancelled our wrecker and let her mom's wrecker come. Turns out that she has no money, her mom has no money, but that this wrecker driver will tow the car all the way across town and wait until mom is paid for his money. That's wonderful. Creative and compassionate. The street will be cleared, and no one is out $150 tow fee plus daily storage fees until you come up with $150.

Your mom? She is still caring for you, a college grad, while you wander around town with no money, and no awareness of the idiot light on your dash that showed a battery discharging. "Y'all have to come pick me up!" And, I kid you not, she hung up on her mom at least four times.

Do not yell at your mom!

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
If that were my child I would have told her she can walk home. I would never tolerate being talked to like that by one of my children. Unfortunately, it sounds like the Mom is party to blame for this lady's behavior as she is tolerating it.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
This is a large portion of the millennial population. Not all of them but enough to scare me. It amazes me how many millennial males (have trouble calling them men) that can't do simple tasks or chores that include physical labor.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
She should not yell at her mom.

Her mom might not accompany her to her job interview.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
My kids would not DARE!

One of my grandsons used the F word on his Grandmother. Immediate and memorable corporal punishment ensued. There have been no problems with recidivism.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
This is a large portion of the millennial population. Not all of them but enough to scare me. It amazes me how many millennial males (have trouble calling them men) that can't do simple tasks or chores that include physical labor.

One of my friends has a son-in-law who rented a car for several days because he didn't know how to change a flat tire. Presumably s-i-l has never cracked open the owner's manual, either.

Posts: 26902 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Most of them have the attitude that they'll just call a peasant to do the work for them. And with no money, they're entitled to a free service. Just like Bernie espouses. Unless they perform the service, then they want paid handsomely.
And you should NEVER yell at your Mom.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I have two sisters who regularly put up with this shit from their kids. Boggles the mind.

It proves to me reincarnation doesn't exist, since if it did my father would long ago have come back to them as an ass-whipping!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I have two sisters who regularly put up with this shit from their kids. Boggles the mind.

It proves to me reincarnation doesn't exist, since if it did my father would long ago have come back to them as an ass-whipping!

ROFLMAO! Ain't that the truth?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
If that were my child I would have told her she can walk home. I would never tolerate being talked to like that by one of my children. Unfortunately, it sounds like the Mom is party to blame for this lady's behavior as she is tolerating it.

110% right. Mom started this behavior, accepted this behavior and is now conditioned to this behavior.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8340 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

What's really sad is, this is our future.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I read in the news last week that millennials are now requesting their parents come with them to job interviews now. Roll Eyes

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
It happens all the time n the ER. Patient who is stupid, stoned or drunk screaming at their coddling parents.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, we cancelled our wrecker and let her mom's wrecker come.

Montgomery County Police (MD) used wreckers in a rotation, but if the situation warranted it (traffic tie-up, too long for rotation company to respond, etc), they would summon the "nearest available". Some enterprising dude started a company called "Nearest Available Towing".

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think too many..women mostly raise their kids to try to be their friend. I know a woman who did this and it has come back to bite her. The kid talks down to her, even though he will never come close to her accomplishments. He is just a loser who tries to depend on others for his daily bread.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27950 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
My two older kids spoke disrespectfully to me exactly one time each as teens. I think they did not like my reaction because they never did it a second time. The one who is currently fourteen hasn't tried it yet.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
... Your mom? She is still caring for you, a college grad, while you wander around town with no money, and no awareness ...
I gained two "adult" stepdaughters when I got married. I've mostly broken their mom of feeding their dependence which makes me an evil asshole. They still call me when mommy isn't around because their dad's about as useful as tits on a bull. Just last week I got a text asking for postage stamps but we are out. The 26 year old had no idea where to get stamps. Let's not mention her dad had worked for USPS her entire life. Stamps just magically grow at mommy's house.

The other one won't bother me and will just drive with three wheels until her car explodes and then ask her mom to have me fix it.

They stopped disrespecting their mom since the wedding. Strange how having a man in their lives wakes them up. That's today's biggest issue, fatherless families.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
Unfortunately, it sounds like the Mom is party to blame for this lady's behavior as she is tolerating it.

110% right. Mom started this behavior, accepted this behavior and is now conditioned to this behavior.

Exactly. Someone raised the girl to be the way she is now.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
About a year ago I got a call from our local Division of Family Services. They were conducting an investigation, and wanted to know if I could answer some questions regarding a friend of mine.

Come to find out his son, probably 14 at the time, had been having problems at home. He lived with his mother and step-father, and wasn't being very respectful. When his father came back to town, he set up a meeting with all of those involved to discuss these issues. While at this meeting the 14 year old mentioned something involving physical violence towards his mother.

With zero hesitation, my friend apparently snatched his ass out of his chair by his throat, held him off the ground against a wall, and had a coming to Jesus discussion with the young man.

The little miscreant called the police which set an investigation into "child abuse" into motion. When it was all said and done, it was deemed "good parenting", and my friend didn't face any trouble. Furthermore, those conducting the investigation made it clear to the young man that what happened to him wasn't abuse, and implied that should it happen again he shouldn't waste his time calling.

He apparently came around afterwords, and now treats his mother much better.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post