SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Kroger Pharmacy, are you serious?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kroger Pharmacy, are you serious? Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted
Kroger Pharmacy is the most convenient but I’m starting to rethink this.

I’ve had some minor things over the years but I’m starting to rethink them as my pharmacy.

Last Saturday I get a automated call stating that in seven days my prescriptions will be ready for pickup. So Saturday the 13th. Friday I get a reminder call that my prescriptions will be ready for pickup tomorrow. So Saturday the 13th.

Go to the pharmacy to pick them up and I am told that they are not eligible to be refilled until Monday the 15th. As I left my phone home and was on the way from the gun shop I had no proof that I was called.

So today I took my phone to the pharmacy and saw the manager and let her hear the message. Her response was “well you should call to make sure this is correct.” I said “Seriously? Your message says they will be refilled and I should still call to verify?”

Think I’ll go to Walgreeen’s or CVS.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So today I took my phone to the pharmacy and saw the manager and let her hear the message. Her response was “well you should call to make sure this is correct.” I said “Seriously? Your message says they will be refilled and I should still call to verify?”

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Great customer service. How stupid. Pure Michigan!

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Had the same thing happen twice with Publix notifications from the pharmacy.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
"Trust, but verify." Wink

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Becca Previte, Pharm D
Pharmacy Operations
Publix Super Markets, Inc.

Phone: (407) 856-2301 x37311

FAX: (863) 616-5047

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So at noon I get a phone call from the pharmacy that one on the prescriptions is now ready, a new one from my last doctor's visit in March. This I asked for them to add to the automatic refills already on file for pickup at the same time.

I just spoke to the manager and asked her if she remembered I was just there less than two hours ago and her telling me that those prescriptions would not be ready until tomorrow because of the insurance. She cannot keep her stories straight.

Off to Walgreens......

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
It could be their autofill system decided it was time but perhaps the insurance said too soon?

Maybe speak to the pharmacy manager first before calling the corporate director? If no results then the store manager? Then maybe go up the chain. Good grief.

Maybe try having them change your notifications from call/text to email. Our pharmacy system won't disclose any specific details when a notification is sent by call or text, but will via email. Also do you have their app so you can view your profile before going to the pharmacy? You can always verify on the app or website before going to the store.

OP, you'll be less pleased with Walgreens or CVS.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is part of the problem, today I spoke to the
pharmacy manager twice. I'll be polite but she is useless.

Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
That is part of the problem, today I spoke to the
pharmacy manager twice. I'll be polite but she is useless.

Fair enough.

Not to absolve the mgr as there are good ones and bad ones just like any profession, but I am familiar with Kroger's pharmacy software, and unless they've made significant improvements since I last used it, it is a tedious, unfriendly system to use and could be a contributing factor.

As an aside, do you have any local independent pharmacies you could try before subjecting yourself to Walgreens or CVS?

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
We dumped Kroger a few years back for the local family owned one off pharmacy.

One of the boys needed some meds that insurance flat would not cover no matter how the Dr. wrote it up.
Kroger wanted $198 for a months supply (yes, I know not too terrible compared to some) Dr. called around and the local place and they were able to do it for $58.
I had them run the numbers for all our meds. They were half the cost or more on all of them.
They know your name as soon as you walk in the door someone is grabbing your stuff without even having to say a word.
They are great friendly bunch.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Tigereye. I was a pharmacy tech for Kroger for 6 months or so. Their software sucks. The text notifications work well, though, but must be renewed in person every year.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Becca Previte, Pharm D
Pharmacy Operations
Publix Super Markets, Inc.

Phone: (407) 856-2301 x37311

FAX: (863) 616-5047

Shall I drop your name, will it be helpful?

Actually might drop her a note, reason we changed to Publix is the free medication, of which two of the three I take are listed as free.

When I go they always charge me for the free pills to which I contest, they should be no charge, and they fix it. However it shouldn't be necessary, they should know this..

However my wife picked them up and didn't think about it and just paid the rates.

It's not a lot of money, however it is advertised as free, they give the excuse that it's my carriers fault. Wonder how many people end up paying for medicine that should be free.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If you want to drop her a note, contact me offline and I'll give you her email address.

As with many stores, the quality of service will vary greatly with the staff.

Publix pharmacies: I will not use the one on Hunt Club Blvd, just off SR 436. The head pharmacist there is an arrogant know-it-all bitch, who once refused to fill a prescription because she thought she knew so much more than my doctor.

The Gateway Publix location on SR 434 (Forest City Road) just north of Maitland Blvd, the counter service clerks vary in competence, one is great, the others not so much, but the pharmacists are outstanding, especially the pharmacy manager. On more than one occasion, after clicking some keys and maneuvering his mouse, he removed my insurance from an order because the cost for self-pay cash customers was less than my insurance co-pay. He has also, on occasion, asked my permission to call my prescribing doctor to discuss changing the prescription to an equivalent med that was much lower in cost.

The Gateway location is not real close to you, but any excuse for a motorcycle ride, and a decent sandwich at the Jersey Mike's in the same strip mall.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have been having trouble with the local CVS. I think it is a store issue. Their call system will nag you incessantly

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s a challenge for some to accept responsibility for a slip up(in your case the mgr). I’ve noticed since the shutdown, it seems difficult to get some employees enthusiastic about helping customers or just asking customers if they need help. Seems hiding is common, trying to look busy is the route they choose.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No independent pharmacies here, all chains.

The “best” part of the whole deal is that the manager said “You can pick this one up we called on today and pick the others up tomorrow.” My reply was “Why didn’t you say anything about that one when I was in two hours ago when you looked on the screen? That is when she started stumbling and grabbing for any possible answer.

I’ve emailed corporate, I’ll see how that goes. Not going to even bother with the store manager, probably just more excuses. I made a request to him for an item carried at other Kroger stores in the area, his response “I’ll call you in a few days” has been three years in the making, still waiting.......

Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Walgreen's also has auto refill. When I started with them about 10 yrs. ago I told them very politely no auto refill, no phone calls or texts for reminders. So far have not had any.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whenever I have a problem with CVS Pharmacy, I remind them I can always go with mail order prescriptions that come to my door.

That usually gets their attention.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
It could be their autofill system decided it was time but perhaps the insurance said too soon?

Maybe speak to the pharmacy manager first before calling the corporate director? If no results then the store manager? Then maybe go up the chain. Good grief.

Maybe try having them change your notifications from call/text to email. Our pharmacy system won't disclose any specific details when a notification is sent by call or text, but will via email. Also do you have their app so you can view your profile before going to the pharmacy? You can always verify on the app or website before going to the store.

OP, you'll be less pleased with Walgreens or CVS.

speaking as an former Kroger Store Manager,

the Store Manager has very very little control over the RX, it is treated as a separate store w/in the store,

the script system is automated, and programed to send an email, text or call when the Rx Tech of RX fills the script,

not all Rx's are staffed well, and some are short staffed, nationwide,

complaints to the Store Manager will get you just about no where,

SM's will show concern, may investigate and call you back, but still have very little control ,

(mostly due to regulatory restrictions)

as a SM, I did have control over customer friendliness etc etc, the rest, nothing,

if you feel the need, go to the Rx manager, and if not satisfied, get the regional or area Rx person's contact, then ask for that person's boss (divisional)

since the last change in CEO's (6 yrs ago) Kroger has gone from a company that wanted business, wanted growth, and appreciated it's workers and management, as well as would go out of the way for its customers , to strict numbers business,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
If you want to drop her a note, contact me offline and I'll give you her email address.

As with many stores, the quality of service will vary greatly with the staff.

Publix pharmacies: I will not use the one on Hunt Club Blvd, just off SR 436. The head pharmacist there is an arrogant know-it-all bitch, who once refused to fill a prescription because she thought she knew so much more than my doctor.

The Gateway Publix location on SR 434 (Forest City Road) just north of Maitland Blvd, the counter service clerks vary in competence, one is great, the others not so much, but the pharmacists are outstanding, especially the pharmacy manager. On more than one occasion, after clicking some keys and maneuvering his mouse, he removed my insurance from an order because the cost for self-pay cash customers was less than my insurance co-pay. He has also, on occasion, asked my permission to call my prescribing doctor to discuss changing the prescription to an equivalent med that was much lower in cost.

The Gateway location is not real close to you, but any excuse for a motorcycle ride, and a decent sandwich at the Jersey Mike's in the same strip mall.

Thanks, generally the service at the one close to me has been decent, once I figured out the process, I wonder if the glitch is the store or the system..

Jersey Mikes does sound good.