SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What are you "running"?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you "running"? Login/Join 
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Cue Jackson Browne... on empty.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2008 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I have a truck and guns.....I don't run

But I do Utilize certain tools and accessories

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm running Windows 7.

I think it's a computer term that crossed over to Firearms forums. I don't hear it much from Military folks because most of the ones I deal use the issued equipment.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
I'm running the heat right now, other than that, Just under an hour on a 10k, but not right now because I'm inside enjoying the heat.... Big Grin

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
Its a little cold at work today so we have the heater running

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lcbjr77:
Its a little cold at work today so we have the heater running
Beat me to it !

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm running down the road tryin' to loosen my load. I've got seven women on my mind....

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
Well, I'm running down the road tryin' to loosen my load. I've got seven women on my mind....

So you’re running a train?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
The heat and for the love of God I wish it would stop

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:

Take It easy,Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
"Running the gun"

Please.
You're just shooting a damned pistol. Quit trying to impress your mall ninja buddy's by making up new terms for the same old shit.
It's the same thing as telling people you're a "Waste Disposal Technician" when you're just a fuckin garbage man.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
When I was a cop, no one lived anywhere. “I stay at Leroy’s house at 123 Main”

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Why don’t you take the wife for a spin tonight Big Grin

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
What are you "running"?
...from the thought of shoveling our 11 inches of snow instead of just letting it melt.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
Reeboks.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Jeez, guys. They're just tryin to find out what weapons system you deploy.

Posts: 4809 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
OK. I'll be the one to ask.

So, what're ya runnin'?

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2837 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DetonicsMk6:
Jeez, guys. They're just tryin to find out what weapons system you deploy.

I deploy a WMD every time I go to the Latrine after Taco Tuesday in the DFAC.

posted Hide Post
The OP expressed my feelings exactly. I want to throw up every time I hear some ass clown "run" something on a gun. Why not just "use"? Makes you sound like like a complete clown. Anytime some one uses "run" in a gun video on YouTube, I leave them a note with my thoughts on what a goober they really are. Another that really grinds my gears is the "cop talk" phrase "out of". It is Bob out of Boise and Dan out of Denver instead of Phil from Philadelphia. Just really grates me.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gutpile Charlie:
The OP expressed my feelings exactly. I want to throw up every time I hear some ass clown "run" something on a gun. Why not just "use"? Makes you sound like like a complete clown. Anytime some one uses "run" in a gun video on YouTube, I leave them a note with my thoughts on what a goober they really are. Another that really grinds my gears is the "cop talk" phrase "out of". It is Bob out of Boise and Dan out of Denver instead of Phil from Philadelphia. Just really grates me.

reminded me of a job interview I once did

I was hiring for a position where I work, needed a part timer to help sell firearms and to train to evaluate, appraise and buy,

one of my standard questions is what are you shooting,

guy says 9mm,

ok, so what are you shooting,
guy says 9mm

ok, so what type of 9mm,
guy says oh, some stuff in a white box,

ok, that's good, what type of firearm are you shooting,
guy says 9mm,

he did not get the job

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post