SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Social media importance, texting importance, harassment
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Social media importance, texting importance, harassment Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I don't post or type or talk like a teen, and don't entertain those who do.

This may be worthy of a thread of its own.

My sister does this shit and it really annoys. Whenever she texts me, you'd think it was being written by a 17 year old kid. Stuff like: "What U doing today?" I'm tempted to reply "You're 58 years old. Grow up."

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
"have you shot anything today"?
"Not yet, but it's still early."

Or "Are you volunteering?" Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
I'm at my limit on this invasion of all this shit. Clint Eastwood needs to bring Walt Kowalski back in a Gran Torino sequel and cover all this shit.

Only way this will happen is if he's an extra on the Walking Dead!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I don't post or type or talk like a teen, and don't entertain those who do.

This may be worthy of a thread of its own.

My sister does this shit and it really annoys. Whenever she texts me, you'd think it was being written by a 17 year old kid. Stuff like: "What U doing today?" I'm tempted to reply "You're 58 years old. Grow up."

This made me laugh way too hard. Definitely relatable.

As for the OP... reminds me of an epic twitter thread.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I don't do social media like facebook and the others. Everything you write is out there forever. Stupid things you say will likely come back to haunt you.

Para has said something to the effect think about what you wrote before pressing 'submit'. It's good advice.

I think the world was a better and kinder place before social media. It's become a place to instantly and anonymously bully and criticize. And it's become politicized by those who own it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Just like Eric Bana as Hoot in Blackhawk down saying the his trigger finger is his safety, I say SIGforum is my social media.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I see it as the same as the invention of the boat.
Many just refused this new contraption.
Many used it this way & many used it that way.

Either get in, hang on or tread the water at a distance .... what do you think are the levels of survival ?

I'm kinda one leg in. I'm not gonna throw rocks hoping to knock ppl off just because I'm not all in.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post