SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Another Comcast/Xfinity price jacking thread...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Comcast/Xfinity price jacking thread... Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
So last month I had my bi-annual rate increase taking my bill for cable/internet/home security from $186/mo to $218/mo.

Generally this involves calling customer “service” only to be told all of the lower price deals are for new customers and while they greatly value my business and appreciate my loyalty, the discount has ended and now I get to pay more. What follows is one or two transfers, me threatening to drop all service, another transfer and then finally some rearranging of my package where they are able to “save” me money and get the price back to +/- $5-$10 of what what it was.

This year was different. The auto callback system called me 2 minutes after I called and I was talking to a real person. Once I was over the shock of not having a 20-40 minute wait time I explained my concern, bill increase of close to $35 because the bundle discount dropped off. He immediately thanked me for being a long term customer and transferred me to the customer loyalty department for further assistance.

Loyalty guy (Ben) was nice and personable, explained since I had home security, any changes had to be handled by the security folks. He connected me to them and explained what was going on.

Five minutes later, Fernando had me all hooked up with a “new” bundle of services that mirrored my old bundle except for adding a sports channel package. Now I am not a sports fan so this does nothing for me. My Dad (who lives with us) however will probably appreciate it. The other addition is it took my internet from 400mb/s to 1gb/s speed for the princely sum of $6/mo more than I was paying for the last two years, and the new price is set for the next two years.

I am ok with a 3.2% rate increase and while they get a lot of grief over customer service, the actual product has always left me satisfied. Seems maybe they have heard the grief and are making some changes to take care of the long term customers with less hassle.

All told, two transfers, talked to respectfully by folks who spoke English, no threats, and only 15 minutes of my time.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10924 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
There’s an error in your subject line where you mistakenly wrote “Comcast”. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6393 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's not the Comcast I know.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Wow, that's not the Comcast I know.

It sure isn't which is why he's talking about Corncast! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post