SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    At the Doctor’s office
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

At the Doctor’s office Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
In the waiting room while my wife has her daily radiation treatment. They have NBC’s morning “news chat” blaring on the TV, interspersed with interminable segments of democrat candidate ads damned lies. I don’t know why they subject sick people to the aggravation of listening to that drivel. I finally had enough and asked Nurse Ratchet to at least mute the thing. I think she hates me now.

I suspect she likes loud it so the patients can’t hear her small talk with her visiting friend behind the counter.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
It’s like fucking limbo, isn’t it?

Almost as bad as an airport, but at least there you can get food and drink.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't hesitate for a minute to either switch the channel or ask for the remote to do so.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
How about "The View" blaring at the dentist office? Couldn't wait to get my tooth pulled! :-(

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I turned off the tube in my dentist waiting room the last time I visited there before the "new normal" program of waiting in your car. Not well received by some but applauded by some in the waiting room.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
It’s like fucking limbo, isn’t it?

Almost as bad as an airport, but at least there you can get food and drink alcohol.

Fixed. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dermatologist has one in the exam room. I could not figure out how to turn it off so I unscrewed the cable. Doc did not say a word. The worst was when I spent a week in the hospital and could not get out of bed. The remote did not work and the nurses would come in to watch their stories. They were nice to me so I let it go. They sure have added a lot more soap opera sex in the last forty years!

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, waiting rooms. We have to wait in the car
9most doctors) and they call your cell when they're ready.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post