SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Suddenlink Communications, UPDATE in OP:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suddenlink Communications, UPDATE in OP: Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
We only have 1 choice for Broadband, Suddenlink. We are connected via cable. Not used for TV. We are subscribed and receive unlimited data at 100 mbps. Over the past 11 years there have been minor connection issues. The issues are always with the main cable (not the line to my house).

For the past several months our connection has become very unreliable. Customer Service and Tech Support has been moved to India (I'm sorry, could you repeat that? I couldn't understand you.) On June 4th (Thursday)we had no internet and I called CS. Of course, the automated system directs you to do a Modem reset then when you finally get to talk to Rajesh he tells you to reset the modem again. I explain that the issue is with the MAIN cable. Okay Mister John, we will send a Technician to your house....( NOOOOOOOOOO, you need to send a service tech to work on the equipment and cable out by the street, not my house,) The earliest appointment we can get for the technician will be next Tuesday June 9 at 8-11am.

So, no internet Thursday to Tuesday. Technician shows up, connects to the line outside my house, hmmmm, out to the main junction box. The main line is bad. He has to take screenshots of his meter readings and fires off an email requesting the Line Department. 48 hours later, no repairs, no internet.

Thursday June 11, call Suddenlink Customer Service again. Yup, sending a Technician to the house on Tuesday June 16.

There are no phone numbers for Suddenlink that I can find that aren't answered in India. The technician couldn't/wouldn't give anything.

On Tuesday June 15, it will be 13 days.

I'm gonna go full Karen on someone.

UPDATE UPDATE :

Tuesday June 15:

Second technician arrives, and after doing his meter check, determines (and states) our signal is "TRASH". Se have to have a Line/cable guy out, and he'll be here within 48 hours. No show on Thursday, however, I replaced my modem just because.

Line guy shows up on Friday June 19, signal is bad, replaces some part on the "node" nearby. Improves signal by ???4??? something.

Same day, call Suddenlink Customer service to register my new modem. CS says I have to speak with Technical support. Call TS, he states that I have to speak with CS and hangs up on me.

Saturday June 20: Finally get a CS agent to register my modem. I gots me some internet!!!

Sunday I call AT&T Customer Service and discuss the possibility of using a 4G LTE Hotspot. Can do they say, but limited doe to cell speed and I already have a 3rd unused line and phone with active SIM Card. NO PROBLEM, I am connecting to our local tower at +200Mbps!! Also get a higher tier unlimited date plan ($24). Order a NETGEAR LTE MODEM, install, connect and I'm really good to go.

Monday morning call Suddenlink and tell them to cancel my ($112 with tax)service and shove it. I am going to to be $88 ahead.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
For each and every day they have not provided the services which they contracted with you (and has been diagnosed as there problem) ask for a day-to-day refund.

You shouldn't have to pay for something you're not receiving. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
That's a given. I want my service restored. I'd like to speak to an American management too.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
There's no more US based customer service for Suddenlink since they closed the Tyler call center. It's all overseas now.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
I don’t know how suddenlink is still allowed to conduct business in the US with all the complaints they’ve received. They’re our only option as well. When we moved back from Indy it was night and day difference despite having their “business class” Internet due to my wife working from home. Good luck. I’ll be glad when anyone offers an alternative in my area.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1893 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If they are the only cable internet provider available, the situation might be similar to what we have in the area where I live. The cable provider here was granted a monopoly for this area, by the municipal government. Lousy service generated a lot of complaints. Soon after petitions bearing the signatures of many voters arrived at city hall, service magically improved.

If local oversight is not an option, perhaps a coordinated complaint to the FCC, with copies to

Dexter Goei, CEO
SuddenLink
520 Maryville Centre Dr #300
St. Louis, MO 63141

Phone: (314) 315-9400

FAX: (314) 315-9496

Or maybe first try calling the U.S. number above, tell them that you are getting no help from the offshore customer no-service people, and you need to get service restored.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I will call that number this morning as soon as I get out of the operating room.

BIDEN SUCKS.

posted Hide Post
When our only broadband provider Mediacom had a similar problem, five separate tech visits didn't help. I filed an FCC complaint and soon two vans showed up. These techs actually analyzed the problem and replaced some equipment several blocks away to finally fix my service. The FCC complaint really seemed to have gotten their attention.

Posts: 2358 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

as soon as I get out of the operating room.
Whatever it is, I wish you the best.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
Got the Voicemail of the CEO. I left a polite and concise messagw including my name and phone number. Next stop....FCC.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
Bump for update in OP.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Johnny 5G will be here soon and will alleviate. Until then work off your 4G LTE. ‘
Trust me the wireless companies want to cash the fuck in on bricks (5G Hot Spots) but there is going to be a lot of cannibalism.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
Word!

BIDEN SUCKS.