SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Norovirus
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norovirus Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted
I've never puked or shit so much in my life. 103 fever was icing on the cake. Boss questioned why I didn't go to Dr. till this morning, well my car doesn't have a built in toilet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Sorry man. That's a nasty bug.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
I've never puked or shit so much in my life. 103 fever was icing on the cake. Boss questioned why I didn't go to Dr. till this morning, well my car doesn't have a built in toilet.

Zofran, fluids, lomotil, repeat

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Didja at least get a nice cruise outta the deal?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Didja at least get a nice cruise outta the deal?

No, but I can finally trust a fart again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Been there. You have my deepest sympathies and I will pray for your soul.
STAY HYDRATED!!!!!!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
I had it right at the end of the year. It sucked!!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Grapefruit seed extract kills all viruses and bacteria without harming the good bacteria in your gut.

You can add it to water, get it in toothpaste and deodorant. It is also packaged as Defense Plus for VRE and should be good for norovirus. The best prices are at Vitacost.

http://www.vitacost.com/nutrib...-mg-90-vegan-tablets

I always keep a bottle on hand and have used it for Lyme Disease.

Looks like the Vitamin Shoppe also carries it:

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/...g-90-tablets/nq-2049

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 41,

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Grapefruit seed extract kills all viruses and bacteria without harming the good bacteria in your gut.
I have a question about this.

When taking certain prescription meds (statins for cholesterol, for example), there is a warning not to eat grapefruit, nor drink grapefruit juice.

Does this warning also apply to grapefruit seed extract?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30662 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Grapefruit itself contains an enzyme that breaks down the drug and makes it more effective. This article questions the whole concept of GFSE?? and says it is the preservative chemicals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grapefruit_seed_extract

Dr. David Williams was the first one to note GFSE use to combat antibiotic resistant bacterial infections.

https://www.drdavidwilliams.co...t-bacteria-solution/

You could contact Nutri-Biotic concerning whether the enzyme is contained in their products. There is nothing on their GFSE bottles or Defense Plus that warns about the enzyme.

If you are taking statins, you need to take CoEnzyme Q10 which is depleted by the drug. The best form is Ubiquinol which is better absorbed.

http://www.lifeextension.com/V...uper-Ubiquinol-CoQ10

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Ah, Norovirus. First time in my life I found out what happens after dry heaves.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Had a bout of this last year. Good God, it was close to a month before I had a solid poop. And I despise puking more than just about anything.....I'll lay there fighting the nausea, sweating, WILLING myself NOT to vomit. Didn't work.

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I've had that shit about three times. Went to the ER once with it and barely made it there. Almost passed out while they were checking me in. Nasty, nasty nasty bug.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to see what the vitamin D3 levels were in the people that got Norovirus. One of the most important supplements to take is vitamin D3 with CoEnzyme Q10 being second. Here is Dr. Faloon's editorial on vitamin D3:

http://www.lifeextension.com/M...dless-Deaths/Page-01

How much vitamin D3 is enough?

http://www.lifeextension.com/M...Blood-Levels/Page-01

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
I have a question about this.

When taking certain prescription meds (statins for cholesterol, for example), there is a warning not to eat grapefruit, nor drink grapefruit juice.

Does this warning also apply to grapefruit seed extract?

Yes, but consult with your DR for his advice.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
You have to realize that doctors get no education in nutritional supplements unless they get interested and study on their own. Grapefruit juice is just one example and I caught the Assisted Living Facility giving grapefruit juice to my father on two occasions.

posted Hide Post
I lost 10 pounds in about 30 hours with noro. Good luck man. I don't think I'd ever been so sick.

Posts: 684 | Location: Arlington, VA/Burlington, VT | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I've lost 13 pounds.
I was 163. Now 150. And feel it.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I would go to CVS and get Sambucol to jump start your immune system and then to a health store for some Probiotics. If you have a Vitamin Shoppe in the area, they should have both products.

posted Hide Post
Norovirus. For three days I was pissing out of my ass. Not diarrhea, the expulsion was too clear for that.

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post