SIGforum
Where is the Global Warming I was promised.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/8150040044

April 04, 2018, 05:51 AM
Scooter123
Where is the Global Warming I was promised.
April 4th and they are predicting snow flurries and wind chills in the 20's and I'm not in Alaska. Next Climate Change twerp who spouts that crap at me just may get a good sock in the nose.

I've stopped counting.
April 04, 2018, 06:50 AM
Sigmund
I feel your pain here in Iowa. We got flurries last night, and right now the wind chill is 6.

I can dress for this, but I'm ready for spring! I'm already behind on yard work, it can wait.
April 04, 2018, 12:24 PM
Vgex
First it's global warming, now it's climate change, next it will be climate stability or some such nonsense. Saying we've been due for an ice age, but have been putting it off with the artificial heat, which will make the impending ice age that much worse. Just another money black hole where "scientists" can ask for money for "research" without any solid data returned.
April 04, 2018, 01:02 PM
cparktd
Well the polar caps are melting... they were supposed to be completely gone by now according to some "experts". Oooops. Just read the other day that now they say the ice is melting underneath, from the bottom up, where you can't see it... OK, whatever.

Phil Valentine, conservative radio talk show host, used to have a very funny answer for the alarmist that warned of costal flooding caused by the melting ice.
He asked, does your drink overflow the glass when your ice cubes melt? I never did know if he was serious or not but he made it sound damn funny.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.
April 04, 2018, 01:04 PM
Kevbo
One of the forecasts for me on Saturday is for 5-8 inches of snow

I am certainly in the ill believe it when I see it camp

But I’m in VIRGINIA

THE SOUTH

WHY IS THIS EVEN A POSSIBILITY???

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?
April 04, 2018, 01:13 PM
sreding
We got around 6" of snow last night here in MN (some areas got nearly a foot). Low temps were in the single digits over night. Had a high of 55 last thursday... got everyone itching for warm weather and then this crap.

Shawn

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters
April 04, 2018, 01:17 PM
SBrooks
I think they gave up on the "warming" or "cooling" crap years ago. Now it's just "change"

They don't know what the heck it will do and they just feel sure it will change (like it has always been changing). Pretty safe to predict "climate change" huh ? Hard to lose that bet...

------------------
SBrooks
April 04, 2018, 02:04 PM
YooperSigs
A balmy 20 and a strong north wind today in the Yoop. I rode my new BMW home from St.Ignace last year on April 11th. Nearly froze. At least I don't have to do that this year!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
April 04, 2018, 06:27 PM
bobtheelf
85 here yesterday. Now it's gone again, and it could get down to 30 tonight with snow flurries.
April 04, 2018, 06:56 PM
bald1
We were hit with a snow storm 36 hours ago and the forecast is for another late Thursday into Friday. Temps have been w-a-y below normal. Hit single digit last night and daytime should be in the mid-50s. Not even anywhere close.... Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
April 04, 2018, 10:18 PM
Sunset_Va
While notcas cold here in my part of Va, I believe its the windiest Weather I remember.

美しい犬
April 04, 2018, 10:24 PM
sigcrazy7
It’s because I bought a boat last year. The universe is out to get me, and you all are collateral damage.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus
April 05, 2018, 07:08 PM
Scooter123
I will keep that in mind when I am strapping on some Ice Skates for the 4th of July Skate In. My revenge will be to hire a great Shaman to put a curse on the entire state of Utah so that you will never see temps below 100 degrees for the next 10 years. That will teach you for buying that boat, you'll be stuck in the middle of a blazing hot desert with not one single water drop within 100 miles of wherever you are.

I've stopped counting.
April 05, 2018, 07:15 PM
P-220
Here in SW Ohio, there is a Winter weather warning for tomorrow night. Yes, April 6 and on in to April 7th.

When I was first told of global warming, I began anxiously awaiting palm tress along the Ohio River.

Oh well, maybe next year.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
April 06, 2018, 11:30 AM
DrewR
Here in Oklahoma the weather got into the high 70's a few weeks ago and then the bottom fell out. Now we are about to drop to below freezing with snow due in tonight after sundown.

I sprayed my yard with weed & feed last weekend and I guess I will have to do it again next week.

We should be dodging tornados right now not preparing to sweep the dusting of snow off the driveway.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DrewR,

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.
April 06, 2018, 04:10 PM
sourdough44
People(many) are stupid, need I say more?
April 08, 2018, 01:00 AM
Kevbo
I didn’t get the snow promised (it actually snowed further SOUTH of me)

However, yesterday when I got home after 11pm it was 68 degrees outside

Tonight when I got home after 11pm it was 31

It’s like winter is an angry woman that walks out the door and then turns around and comes back in and says “and another thing.....!”

Apparently another chance for light snow Monday.

——————————————————

April 08, 2018, 06:16 AM
95flhr
We got the snow down here Kevbo. We have about a half inch or so left on the ground that didn't melt yesterday.

It's April in Central VA, we're not supposed to have this shit this time of year..

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart
April 08, 2018, 06:34 PM
Wolfpacker
Supposed to snow here early morning. I am so sick of this crap. I commute daily for work. Too late and too cool when I get in to start mowers and change oil. Every Saturday has been cold/snowy, cold/rain, cold/windy! Just tired of it.
April 08, 2018, 07:07 PM
Kevbo
Did I mention I came home Easter Sunday to a blown furnace that is going to cost me $11,000 to replace?

It’s a bit....chilly...downstairs and in the basement currently.

——————————————————