SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    CA drivers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CA drivers Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
Driving through UT, AZ, NV - you can spot idiot CA drivers a mile away. Nuff said.

Inconsiderate, mannerless, discourteous morons.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Some of them have Ohio & Kentucky plates too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
CA drivers in CA are just normal drivers.

It’s extremely obvious when they are in another state. Perhaps they wouldn’t stick out much in OH or KY?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
In CA the natives camp in the left lane. Mile after mile. Worse, those in the right lane refuse to pass!

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
Coming to a neighborhood near you! Oh wait, theys already here!

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When it comes to bad drivers I'd put Washington States up against anyone.

On a good day they can't drive. Don't get me started about them trying to drive in the snow. Or rain for that matter.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
In CA, there are no passing lane, right lane, left lane etc. There are just lanes.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Driving through UT, AZ, NV - you can spot idiot CA drivers a mile away. Inconsiderate, mannerless, discourteous morons.

This is true. But, as a CA driver that once drove across America, at least I feel I can understand them more than east cost drivers.

CA drivers are aggressive and self-centered, and will do whatever it takes to get where they're going. I get that. There's a certain logic to that.

I found that east coast drivers drive like they've never stepped foot inside the driver's seat and don't know anything about traffic laws. They drive more like, "What is this giant wheel sticking out of the dashboard?" As a west coast guy, I haven't figured out the opposite coast of American drivers yet.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
In CA, there are no passing lane, right lane, left lane etc. There are just lanes.

I mean, if it's there...

My biggest peeve is the increasing number of people who don't signal or who absolutely can't stand to be "last in line" when merging off the highway. I had a guy pass me, but I closed the distance to the car in front of me to keep him from cutting me off. He still forced his way in front of me. There were no cars at all behind me when he initiated the antics.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
In CA the natives camp in the left lane. Mile after mile. Worse, those in the right lane refuse to pass!

Are you implying that's not the case here?

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Like many other western states, we are being invaded by Californians retiring. After selling their overpriced homes in CA, they have money to burn in many cases. Not all of them are bad. We have a new next door neighbor family from CA this is simply wonderful. The guy retired from the LADWP, and has an amazing skill set. He built a beautiful she-shed for my wife for the cost of materials only, labor free. I got a chance to chat with him daily during that, and was really impressed. He is also upgrading our shared well installation. I've had ample time to work with him, and he is super-anal about doing things exactly right. In return, I was able to help him set up his home network, about which he knew little, but he caught on very quickly. I am super-anal about that stuff, and he picked it right up.

Unfortunately, our new neighbors are the exception. Many of the evacuees want to bring their politics, beliefs, and other CA habits here and change us to them. But the CA drivers don't stand out any more than most of the snowbirds who invade our small town every winter. They're all horrible drivers. Smile The ones who settle here, though, seem to absorb our small town life style, eventually, except for their liberal beliefs.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I used to be very opinionated about drivers from other states. Having grown up driving in Florida I realized most drivers (even with FL plates) learned to drive elsewhere.

The ones that still get to me are the people who will not turn right on red. (Legal unless sign posted in FL)

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
The ones that still get to me are the people who will not turn right on red. (Legal unless sign posted in FL)

That's a Canadian thing. Probably other places, too, but definitely a Canadian thing for sure.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah California is like a disease infecting the rest of the country. There's plenty of good people from California, but there's a lot of bad too.

I've lived in the Phoenix area most of my life and the craziest place I think I've ever had to drive in was my mom's hometown in Michigan. It's a little hole in the wall town I forget it's name, but it was very strange to drive in a place where NOBODY drove like they had a purpose. Everyone drove 10-20 miles under the speed limits and just roamed around. Probably a lot more peaceful there, but it was definitely not what I'm used to.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

That's a Canadian thing. Probably other places, too, but definitely a Canadian thing for sure.

NYC is the opposite. Right turn on red only when posted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Texas there are no speed limits. Instead, there are white square signs with black numerals that are considered “suggestions”.

I30 outside of Austin has a suggestion of 85 mph. Many think that is the posted suggestion statewide despite signs that suggest otherwise.

We still have the narcissistic passive aggressives who drive slow in the left lanes and on country two lane roads with few passing lanes.

Texas lawmen will still write tickets for exceeding the posted suggested speed.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
dont get me started on ma drivers

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/JMqVLVi1Zpk

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

We spent a month in Florida last winter and had the opposite experience. So many white-haired drivers made a right on red - usually without stopping first - that I got in the habit of driving in the left lane to avoid them.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post