SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Movie theater cannot get it right.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie theater cannot get it right. Login/Join 
posted
So we decided to break down and go to a movie. The first time since the last D'Nesh D'Sousa movie.

This one is Death of a nation.
So I go over to the theater in another town that is close to pre-buy the tickets, so no line waiting.
I told the young man at the desk what time the show was and the name of the movie. He types it into the computer.
I said I got your name in case you sell me the wrong tickets. He just laughed.
I get home with the tickets which I gave to my wife after he gave them to me.

We get home and my wife notices that it says Darkest Mi on the tickets?? I have no idea what that is.

Call the theater, wrong tickets. She says just bring them back.

A simple task and you get it wrong? Them when I challenge you on it, you still get it wrong??

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See you got punished for planning ahead. I guess you were expecting to get the tickets for the movie you wanted. Lower half of the Bell curve there.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So you went through all this trouble the make sure you get the right tickets and then don't bother to verify until you get home?

Next time, just buy them online...

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
So you went through all this trouble the make sure you get the right tickets and then don't bother to verify until you get home?

That what my first thought too...

Next time, focus on verifying the tickets rather than focusing on cracking jokes with the employees.

Accomplish the mission first. Then tell Dad Jokes.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We went to see Star Wars this winter. 10 degrees outside. The lobby Nazi would NOT open the lobby until 15 minutes before the movie. Period. Nothing would move the fat, lazy, power tripping asshat.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
We went to see Star Wars this winter. 10 degrees outside. The lobby Nazi would NOT open the lobby until 15 minutes before the movie. Period. Nothing would move the fat, lazy, power tripping asshat.

They make more money on the concessions than on the film, and Einstein kept the customers out of the lobby? Absolute genius, there.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are the airports run by the same people, who run the theaters? The prices are similar.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:

Next time, just buy them online...

I did not realize the name of the movie was on the ticket. I thought it was done by color.

Do not go to movies much anymore. Maybe 3 in the last 15 years??

But yeah, should have checked. After I told the guy about getting his name, thought no way he would screw it up.....screw it up....screw...

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

Yeah, when I called to report the wrong tickets, the woman who answered( I think a manager) told me that under no circumstances are people let in until 15 mins before the movie. Heck there is a no gun sign on the door, so maybe this is their answer to keeping shootings down???? In their mind.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
But yeah, should have checked. After I told the guy about getting his name, thought no way he would screw it up.....screw it up....screw...

So what was his name Razz

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Do you have internet access?

Oh, wait.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12399 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post