SIGforum
Movie theater cannot get it right.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/8140055544

August 09, 2018, 04:09 PM
Aquabird
Movie theater cannot get it right.
So we decided to break down and go to a movie. The first time since the last D'Nesh D'Sousa movie.

This one is Death of a nation.
So I go over to the theater in another town that is close to pre-buy the tickets, so no line waiting.
I told the young man at the desk what time the show was and the name of the movie. He types it into the computer.
I said I got your name in case you sell me the wrong tickets. He just laughed.
I get home with the tickets which I gave to my wife after he gave them to me.

We get home and my wife notices that it says Darkest Mi on the tickets?? I have no idea what that is.

Call the theater, wrong tickets. She says just bring them back.

A simple task and you get it wrong? Them when I challenge you on it, you still get it wrong??

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
August 09, 2018, 05:32 PM
ZSMICHAEL
See you got punished for planning ahead. I guess you were expecting to get the tickets for the movie you wanted. Lower half of the Bell curve there.
August 09, 2018, 06:21 PM
Scurvy
So you went through all this trouble the make sure you get the right tickets and then don't bother to verify until you get home?

Next time, just buy them online...
August 09, 2018, 07:02 PM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
So you went through all this trouble the make sure you get the right tickets and then don't bother to verify until you get home?

That what my first thought too...

Next time, focus on verifying the tickets rather than focusing on cracking jokes with the employees.

Accomplish the mission first. Then tell Dad Jokes.
August 09, 2018, 07:07 PM
Fredward
We went to see Star Wars this winter. 10 degrees outside. The lobby Nazi would NOT open the lobby until 15 minutes before the movie. Period. Nothing would move the fat, lazy, power tripping asshat.
August 09, 2018, 09:43 PM
whanson_wi
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
We went to see Star Wars this winter. 10 degrees outside. The lobby Nazi would NOT open the lobby until 15 minutes before the movie. Period. Nothing would move the fat, lazy, power tripping asshat.

They make more money on the concessions than on the film, and Einstein kept the customers out of the lobby? Absolute genius, there.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.
August 10, 2018, 07:44 AM
NK402
Are the airports run by the same people, who run the theaters? The prices are similar.
August 10, 2018, 04:26 PM
Aquabird
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:

Next time, just buy them online...

I did not realize the name of the movie was on the ticket. I thought it was done by color.

Do not go to movies much anymore. Maybe 3 in the last 15 years??

But yeah, should have checked. After I told the guy about getting his name, thought no way he would screw it up.....screw it up....screw...

August 10, 2018, 04:29 PM
Aquabird
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

Yeah, when I called to report the wrong tickets, the woman who answered( I think a manager) told me that under no circumstances are people let in until 15 mins before the movie. Heck there is a no gun sign on the door, so maybe this is their answer to keeping shootings down???? In their mind.

August 17, 2018, 12:25 PM
HRK
quote:
But yeah, should have checked. After I told the guy about getting his name, thought no way he would screw it up.....screw it up....screw...

So what was his name Razz
August 17, 2018, 01:30 PM
Georgeair
Do you have internet access?

Oh, wait.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02