SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Craigslist now charging for vehicle ads.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Craigslist now charging for vehicle ads. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Dicks.

That is all.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I sold a 3 year old Mazda3 on Craigslist this past summer. It cost me a few bucks to list. I sold it quickly and was thrilled to get the job done.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The premis is to prevent scammers from listing images and/or ads of vehicles they do not own.

As if scammers and thieves won't spend a few dollars of money they stole to do steal more.

But, "fuck the people who play by the rules".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
Preach it comrade.

Next thing you know, stores will charge for bread.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as the price they charge is reasonable, I don't see anything wrong with it. Craigslist needs to make money to stay in business. But, in my opinion it will weed out the fake listings and scam artists.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:
Preach it comrade.

Wow. Harsh.

I guess I'm just ticked because it always has been free as of the last time I needed to advertise a bike for sale.

I'll probably get over it come Spring when I'm hot to sell the bike.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I can see where it would mitigate the scams on the selling side. Now if they could only do something about the buying side....

I listed my Jeep a few weeks back. The only bite I got was from an obvious scammer. ("The Craigslist email relay doesn't work, so email me at....")

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was $5 for me last month.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Have seen a few sidestep it by listing their bike on the bike parts section. Even posted such, posted here to not pay the listing fee.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:
Preach it comrade.

This.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I guess I can live with the fee, IF they'll shut down this stupid trend of allowing people to advertise items for 1/10 of their actual selling price, just to bait you in. That makes me nuts.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post