SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Mobil one
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mobil one Login/Join 
H.O.F.I.S
posted
Seen the latest Mobil one commercial? No more Nascar drivers acting silly while endorsing the product. No now we have a NBA player acting silly while plugging the oil. Guess what the difference is.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Of course those NBA know more about viscosity than an actual race car driver.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
I also thought that was an odd choice for a spokesman for Mobil 1 oil...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I will say this about Mobil 1: I have used it since 2004 and all my trucks have had as much power at 135K miles as when they were new!
Although relatively expensive, I will use it!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
The marketing and the technical teams are entirely separate in oil companies.

Trust Mobil 1 engine oil.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
You can drive a race car and know as little about engine oil as a basketball player.
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
The marketing and the technical teams are entirely separate in oil companies.
I'll take it a step further. Lubrication marketing, research scientists, engineering, and the lube blending plant aren't on the same property. Frequently not the same state.

I've been in oil & gas for 20+ years and I might talk to someone in marketing every year or every other year.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
I didn't mean to imply the drivers knowledge level was engineer level. I bet my labrador knows as much as the "woke" NBA player.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
They probably know about as much as any celebrity endorsing any product.
They know how much they are paid to do the commercial.

Posts: 9505 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post