SIGforum
Recurve Archer Snobbery

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/8120045834

March 06, 2018, 12:14 AM
XLT
Recurve Archer Snobbery
fly fisherman to bait fisherman fly fisherman are one with nature drive Subaru's and have man buns while bait fisherman are fat rednecks that leave there garbage everywhere and rob the land and resources.
March 06, 2018, 05:09 PM
whanson_wi
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
...Recurve coach launches into a diatribe about how compound archers shouldn't even be there as recurve is the pure form of archery, you'll never go to the Olympics, blah, blah, blah...

His waddle will get worse when you pull his head out of his ass and replace it with that recurve bow.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.
March 08, 2018, 03:40 PM
thunderson
Snobbery is snobbery and it's everywhere. The guys that drive me crazy are the ones who just know you're wrong based on their experience.

I practice point or instinctual shooting with a recurve. I am not great at it. It is akin to throwing a baseball. Your "aim" is muscle memory gained from loosing thousands of arrows. You wouldn't believe the number of folks I have come across that will tell me that instinctual shooting doesn't exist. They will insist that some form of aiming such as gap shooting is taking place and imply at best that the instinctual shooter is just too stupid to realize it.

Sky is blue, water is wet, and snob is just a polite word for asshole.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown