SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ram truck dealer has low credit score rebate
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ram truck dealer has low credit score rebate Login/Join 
posted
What kind of shit is this. You get rewarded to the tune of $1500 if you have a credit score under 650. So I pay my bills on time and I get punished. Complete bull crap.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well you could always screw up your credit to get that rebate LOL

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's better for people who demonstrate their inability to pay their bills to be rewarded with an easy path to $60,000 trucks.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
Two things:

My guess is that the interest rate on the loan will be pretty high (over 18%). I'm sure that the dealer will give you the same rebate if you want to pay the same interest rate as the subprime client.

Sub prime clients often pay the posted price whereas those with better credit discuss/request/demand a discount from the sticker price. My guess, if you have good credit you'll probably be asking for more than a $1,500 reduction.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Generally speaking, low score/crappy credit people will buy what ever they can. The extra rebate will make it a bit easier to qualify for the loan. The low hanging fruit thing

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Step 1. Buy truck.
Step 2. Don't pay for truck.
Step 3. Ask for your $1500.

Problem solved.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Who wants a Fiat truck?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Generally speaking, low score/crappy credit people will buy what ever they can. The extra rebate will make it a bit easier to qualify for the loan. The low hanging fruit thing

Folks seem to only look at the monthly payment. They don't even seem to care if it's a 48 or 60 month loan. Some take 60 month loans and if they try to sell the vehicle in a couple years they are shocked that the value may be less than what they owe on the car. Well duh, almost all your payment is interest and you've barely touched the principal.

Financial literacy is pretty low for much of the US population.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What kind of shit is this. You get rewarded to the tune of $1500 if you have a credit score under 650.

Many people do not know that dealer's get kickbacks from the financing company or bank. 650 will get a certain interest rate & the kickback is anything over the rate the bank gives the dealer. Get him signed for 72 months @ 18% & the dealer gets a huge monthly kickback. Let a dealer think you are financing with him & have a prearranged loan with a credit union.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is so very, very true. I had clients (former life) that had $300,000+ family income, no retirement savings, credit card debt, two new BMWs with car payments, and a home loan that ate 25-30% of their income. It boggles the mind.

How can one be smart enough to earn that kind of income and still be too stupid to know how to pay bills on time and save?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20813 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Who wants a Fiat truck?

Can Tony fix a truck?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trust me the $1500 rebate is built back into the cost of the truck several times over through higher interest rates, lower discounts etc etc.

It's just the kind of deal that corrupt car dealers use in order to lure stupid people into paying too much for their vehicles. They use a numbers game to make people think they are getting a deal they really aren't.

Any store that offers "Free" or lower % financing is putting the cost of the financing back into the purchase price. You'd be amazed at how much lower the price goes for true cash buyers. For vehicles get pre approved at your local bank. Don't let the finance guy raise your payment by hundreds by adding in overpriced extended warranties, Credit life etc etc etc.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'm not a genius but if your credit is suspect, shouldn't you go for something used/cheap/practical?

Posts: 13093 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I'm not a genius but if your credit is suspect, shouldn't you go for something used/cheap/practical?
Have you driven around a Walmart parking lot recently, and taken a good look at the people loading up their vehicles?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The rebate you get for having strong credit is a lower interest rate. I bet this $1,500 off comes with like a 9% interest rate or something equally nuts.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
The rebate you get for having strong credit is a lower interest rate. I bet this $1,500 off comes with like a 9% interest rate or something equally nuts.

For subprime loans, probably more like 18% or even higher. And they'll take it, because the want the new vehicle and don't care what it costs them. Until time to make the monthly payment, that is.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Folks seem to only look at the monthly payment. They don't even seem to care if it's a 48 or 60 month loan. Some take 60 month loans and if they try to sell the vehicle in a couple years they are shocked that the value may be less than what they owe on the car. Well duh, almost all your payment is interest and you've barely touched the principal.

Try 84 and 96 months, pretty common and stupid

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Brits have an expression for long term, low payment loans. They call it, or used to, the "never-never." Cause you never never get it paid off.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
The math in car advertisements is generally wonkie. The folks with the low credit score will pay considerably more for the vehicle than someone who pays their bills.

Posts: 1967 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I always find it funny when I drive around in a used BMW that I paid $30k for a get looked at like a snob by some asshole in a $70k pickup truck that is pristine and has never seen a tool in the bed.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post