SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    We Are Monitoring Hurricane Irma
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We Are Monitoring Hurricane Irma Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
My email box is filling up with emails, I swear every business I have ever dealt with is telling me that they are monitoring Irma closely. Banks. Insurance companies. FedEx.

OK, we get it! There's a weather system on the way and services might be disrupted.

It won't make a bit of difference to me whether you're monitoring the storm closely, or are busy getting hammered at a hurricane party. You don't need to tell me about it.

If you really feel the need, put it on your FaceBook page. I won't see it there, since I don't "do" FaceBook, but I really don't care if I miss the fact that your are monitoring the situation closely.

Sheeeesh!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Have you heard about that hurricane? Big one. Think it's called Irma. Might hit Florida.

I'd keep an eye on it.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.... Frost warning in the Yoop tonight. When Irma gets here, it will be snow.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are less bothersome to me than the emails asking if you are safe, from companies who really do not give a shit. Kind of like OUR HEARTS GO OUT TO YOU....

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You'd be surprised how many of those companies will get emails or phone calls asking what their situation is in that area, rather than the caller just clicking on the links provided in those emails.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update: I am currently flying into the outerband and am maintaining a 30 degree slip, this ultralight is buffeting like a bitch, will keep you updated . Over and Out

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Have you heard about that hurricane? Big one. Think it's called Irma. Might hit Florida.

I'd keep an eye on it.
Nah, they are monitoring it for me.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hurricane ? Seriously ?

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update: Still trying to pierce the outer band, slip is now 45 degrees. I should have brought my personal flotation device and emergency broadcast beacon. Try to get photos to post . Over and out

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post