SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Subway Could Take A Lesson From Chick-Fil-A
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subway Could Take A Lesson From Chick-Fil-A Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
There are times when I just need to grab something quick, at the nearest place.

Today was one of those days. I was working, the nearest Chick-Fil-A is about 20 minutes each way, there is a Subway about five minutes from the hangar. I went to the Subway.

There was a large poster on the front window, offering a few different 6" subs for $2.99 each. I ordered one of these (Spicy Italian) and was charged $4.29.

I indicated the poster; the surly dude at the register snapped, "We don't do that any more."

I requested contact information for the store owner; surly dude refused.

That experience might explain why, at 1:45 pm, I was the only customer in the Subway, and every time I have been at Chick-Fil-A around that time of day, there are at least two dozen cars in the drive-through lane and the inside of the restaurant is at least 50% occupied.

Big difference!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I would’ve told him to eat the sandwich since I’m not and give me a refund.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

I would’ve told him to eat the sandwich since I’m not and give me a refund.
I thought about that, after I had left the store. I had actually picked up a couple of sandwiches, to feed the crew that was working on Saturday; I did not want them to be hungry.

I did a little internet research this evening, found that the President, North American Operations, for Subway is Trevor Haynes, and found the corporate address in Milford CT.

I wrote a short, polite, letter to Mr. Haynes describing the incident and asking him to forward the information to the appropriate person, since the surly employee had refused to tell me how to contact the franchise owner.

We'll see what the reply is.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since trying out Firehouse subs... Subway is a no go for me.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Try telling them to just make the damn sandwich like the description or picture!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Also their meat is getting skimpier. Lots of bread and very little meat.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
If I want a sub sandwich...I use my Publix app on my phone and order from their website. Usually ready for pickup in 15 minutes and it's always 100% what I ordered and I just walk to the deli and pick it up and hit the self serve checkout. I love me some Publix Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Firehouse Subs or Jimmy Johns. Screw Subway and 3 day old bread they pass off.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
"Nasty assed meat" and "tuna water"...Jim Gaffigan is 100% spot on...plus Subways cheese has zero taste...give me Boars-head meats and cheese any day.
Thank you Sigmonkey for the post Big Grin
That being said...I do like Firehouse...but
Publix is closer.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Having worked in retail... if we had a price posted, we were required by law to honor it... and were audited on it. Fines could be draconian.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Subway "is what it is," a passable sandwich cheap. Or, as I sometimes put it, "it makes a turd." Jersey Mike's (as an example) are much better, but you pay nearly double. This situation, however, crosses a line.
quote:
I indicated the poster; the surly dude at the register snapped, "We don't do that any more."

Then they shouldn't have put the sign out, should they? Roll Eyes That is considered "bait and switch" in every state. If Counter Jerkoff won't get you a manager, write to Subway corporate. I'll bet they'd straighten this out.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I have suggested to more than one Subway manager that they need one item on their menu that is called: "Leave it to Us" where they just make the damn sandwich and don't ask you how to make it.... drives me crazy to have to stand in line and explain what I want on it....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Then I would’ve left that shit there and told the crew lunch would be later but a much better lunch with Chick Fil A. Even I’m too old for that type of bullshit so you definitely are Big Grin

I understand you taper your expectations food wise eating at Subway but there is no excuse for that type of attitude from some richard who probably thinks he deserves $15/hour while acting like that.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I decided some time ago that Subway’s slimy lunchmeat and stinkbread no longer meet my minimum specifications for a food substance. I think I would have gone down the road for a convenience store pizza before paying an asshole for a sack of crummy sandwiches.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We no longer get Subway now that a Jimmy John's has opened much closer. The subs are smaller, but sometimes I get two.

Free delivery, subs so fast you'll freak.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I'd rather eat out of a vending machine.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
We no longer get Subway now that a Jimmy John's has opened much closer. The subs are smaller, but sometimes I get two.

Free delivery, subs so fast you'll freak.

Their Hunters Club is my favorite. Damn good sandwich for me.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
You should have said something like “then you won’t be needing this” and torn the sign from the window.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If there’s a Penn Station near you, you’ll thank me. Unfortunately I don’t think they’ve made their way south while Subways are on every freaking corner it seems.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post