SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Subway Could Take A Lesson From Chick-Fil-A
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subway Could Take A Lesson From Chick-Fil-A Login/Join 
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I'll admit I'm a little surprised you accepted that- not "accepted" per se, but completed the deal.

I would have told him- I WILL be in touch with your boss, one way or the other, and you will not like the outcome of that engagement. You have a chance, now. Or not.

The closest location to us is in the cluster of businesses that went up around the newest super walmart. We had gone there once early this year for the convenience. It is a nice little shop but it was messy at the time. No customers, and it would have taken all of 5 minutes to tidy up- but the staff could not be bothered. On top of that, they were out of what my wife wanted. We found something else to take, and left.

Some time later, we went back and it was the same deal- no one there, but messy. And again, they were out of the daily special which my wife wanted. That time, I was annoyed and let the staff know before we left- without a purchase. Posted on the door was contact info for the owner. I stood outside and took a picture of it. Staff behavior was not an issue on either occasion other than the obvious laziness.

When we got home I called the guy- it turns out he owns other locations, and someone had alerted him he might be getting a call from an unhappy lost customer. He was professional and apologized for the condition of the store, and offered a free meal to compensate us for the poor experience. I usually do not look for anything free, but this time took up the offer. He asked me to text him for a record of the discussion, and then to text him later when we were ready to return. I did so, that experience went fine (although my wife picked it up so I did not see the condition of the store at that time, and she did not mention it)- so he earned another chance with me. Sooner or later we'll go back and see how it goes.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Subway, where a foot long sandwich cost as much as a restaurant plate.

Tupperware and prepped food is your friend, or a can of chunky soup.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.jerseymikes.com/13068/orlando-fl

https://www.yelp.com/search?fi..._loc=Orlando%2C%20FL

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
^^^ yes! Jersey Mike’s is tons better than subway or Jimmy Johns.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I don't eat subs anymore, but when I did the Harris Teeter deli blew everything else away, hands down.

Not even a competition.

Behind that was Jersey Mikes. And Quizno's when you could find one...their chicken carbonera sub was always awesome.

Subway was always the last-ditch choice. Jimmy Johns, too. Everything there tastes the same to me, and the bread was meh.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

Jersey Mike's is expensive! Red Face I might as well plan on spending two days' lunch money when I go there.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
There's a Subway by me on the way into work. Rule is more than 2 people = 20 minutes to get food = I'm going somewhere else.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Subways are very franchised, really depends on the location - although I haven't eaten at one in years.

quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Subway was always the last-ditch choice. Jimmy Johns, too. Everything there tastes the same to me, and the bread was meh.

Fire House is awful too. Tastes like they dip the whole thing in grease.

Total meh.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

Jersey Mike's is expensive! Red Face I might as well plan on spending two days' lunch money when I go there.

It is more but my local one has daily specials, a reg sub, drink and chips for $8.50. Worth it to me. I usually get it in a tub (salad) and take the chips home for the ankle biters. Prices of decent salads are up there

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
around here , Jersey mikes is NOT expensive,
for a good sandwich,
can honestly say that
after four years , I 've never gotten a bad sandwich at Jersey Mikes

now , the fact that they have to blast loud music throughout the dining area ,
THAT
pisses me off.

have not eaten inside in three years ,always have to get it to go .

I gotta wonder how many M.F. compliments they get on a daily basis about loud music in the dining area?

people screaming at each other over other people screaming at each other , while they are trying to eat lunch

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Jersey Mikes is actually a better value than the low grade dog food Subway sells. Fresher everything including freshly sliced meat right in front of you and more of it compared to Subway’s packaged paper-thin meat.

You gotta look a little further than just the price.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
We no longer get Subway now that a Jimmy John's has opened much closer. The subs are smaller, but sometimes I get two.

Free delivery, subs so fast you'll freak.

The Jimmy Johns around here all have the option for a "Giant" 16" version of any sub. It costs slightly less than buying 2 sandwiches.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Fox Business just ran a story about Subway. It seems they have a CEO who has directed the franchises to lower prices to the point of little or no profit, and the franchisees aren't happy about it. That still doesn't excuse the way this one handled it.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bushpilot:
Also their meat is getting skimpier. Lots of bread and very little meat.

I noticed that the last time I went to a Subway down the street a couple blocks from my office. Firehouse has become my preferred sub shop these days. I keep hearing good things about Jimmie John's, but haven't found one convenient to me.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

I did a little internet research this evening, found that the President, North American Operations, for Subway is Trevor Haynes, and found the corporate address in Milford CT.

I wrote a short, polite, letter to Mr. Haynes describing the incident and asking him to forward the information to the appropriate person, since the surly employee had refused to tell me how to contact the franchise owner.

We'll see what the reply is.

Most if not all states have an online state gov site where you can look up every business in the state and it will tell you who owns it and their address.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:

Most if not all states have an online state gov site where you can look up every business in the state and it will tell you who owns it and their address.
Handy, but you need to know what state the business HQ is in.

Quick, without peeking: What is the home state for Subway restaurants?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^This! No 5 on white Mike's way.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VTAIL- Posts like this, is where I got the comment from in the oyster thread. Eating raw vegetables from a fast food chain, and you have just a high chance of getting hepatitis as from oysters (which is very rare).

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
And their chicken is only half chicken.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.co...-is-only-50-chicken/

Posts: 11152 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
You should have said something like “then you won’t be needing this” and torn the sign from the window.

And charged them a service fee for doing it.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post