SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Home owners insurance denied because of Rottweiler
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home owners insurance denied because of Rottweiler Login/Join 
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Currently have some dog drama in the neighborhood. We are spread out a bit, 5 acre average. The one neighbor has a pit with a little history of trouble, daughter ‘rescued’ it years ago, couldn’t keep it where she lived. The parents ended up taking it in.

Just the other day the retired plumber was over helping with something, the dog freaked & bit him in the forearm, reportedly to the bone. Word is now they plan to get rid of the dog, 8+ yrs old.

I’ll get the details in a few days. Most I’ll do is dig a burial hole. I don’t plan to volunteer for the execution squad.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Currently have some dog drama in the neighborhood. We are spread out a bit, 5 acre average. The one neighbor has a pit with a little history of trouble, daughter ‘rescued’ it years ago, couldn’t keep it where she lived.

We've had that problem with a couple of neighbors, letting their pits run loose. We finally decided to fence 5 of our 6 acres to protect ourselves and our pets (didn't fence into the washes at each side of the property). We used 6ft no climb fencing. There are two gates at the end of the driveway which give access to either side of the yard. The gates can be opened such that they meet and latch in the middle of the driveway, thus completely sealing off our yard. We do leave the driveway open and accessible during the day for deliveries and invited visitors.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Insurance is a game that is always tilted toward favoring the house.

I've had two bad experiences with State Farm this year. My daughter got hit head on by a girl that blew through a stop light. State Farm originally found my daughter 100 percent at fault because she failed to yield for the girl running the red light. I argued with the lady for a good thirty minutes over her facts being completely wrong. I told her the light cycles at the light and everything. After two or three days, they called me back and reversed, finding the driver that blew the red light 100 percent at fault.

The second was I was in a work vehicle and an elderly man turned off of a side street onto a busy six lane road with a turn lane. It is common that people turn off of side roads, get into the turn lane, and then merge into traffic as they can. I saw him coming out of the road, saw him start into the turn lane, and then he T boned the side of the Expedition at the B post. Dude said several times that he didn't look and just pulled out and hit me. He then claimed that he didn't say that (despite it was on body cam from two different agencies), and wanted to fight fault in the wreck. State Farm found me 10 percent at fault because I failed to avoid someone entering the turn lane?????????

I hate insurance companies.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
The neighbor’s pit was euthanized then creamated, 8 years old.

They said it had been getting more ornery lately.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
can't blame them. If you had 6 car models that accounted for 90 percent of the claims. they wouldn't insure them either!!!

This X 1000.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
How about naming the company (not the agent)? Sounds like they deserve a little negative PR.

Why would they need bad PR? They've made a choice to not insure ceetian risks. It's a business/actuarial decision. I'm fine buying from a company that excludes risky behavior I do not partake in. Means I pay less, which is a good thing.

You want a pit or a rottie understand it comes with negatives. Insurance; neighbors not letting their kids over; people giving you dirty looks at dog park or the beach. It's not a secret these types of dogs have a stigma associated with them, if you buy one you don't get to opt out of actuarial experiences or people's memories of seeing pets or loved ones that have been mauled by these types of dogs.

This is why insurers ask, "Do you own any guns?"

This is the same rationale they use to increase premiums for health and life insurance for gun-owners.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post