SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Warnings in fine print
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warnings in fine print Login/Join 
posted
Went shopping for a jacket online today and saw one I liked and then saw the fine print.

"If the clothes smell bad, suggest putting the clothes in a sunny spot."

Guess I'll keep looking.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Where the heck do you shop?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLC762:

I'm sure some time spent directly in the blazing hot Carolina sun on a humid day will help whatever funky smell permeates the clothes.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Guess the chinese factory outsourced their translation services Roll Eyes

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
Where the heck do you shop?

The internet.
Made the mistake of clicking on an ad.
They do offer helpful hints though.

How to remove bad odour from your clothes ?
Tip 1: Suggest soaking it iimmersed in water, and then dry it, it won't come to any harm. But avoid straining it when wet, as the leather might then stretch and become miss-shapen.
Tip 2: Place the clothes in the sun for 7 to 10 days.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Probably made with leftover Chinese drywall.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Leather jacket that smells bad? How do you mess up that much?

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I saw something to that effect in an online description for some piece of clothing. I didn't buy it.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post